Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Counting my Blessings....
1.  I am thankful that Wayne returned safe and happy from his quick, 5 day, China trip.   He had to go and see what was really happening at a dish factory so he was telling the truth to his customer.  The bonus is he got to spend some time with the awesome Newman family again in Shanghai and go to church and stuff.   Too bad the jet lag and sore body  have to be endured for a few days on return.

2.  I am thankful for walking.  I love to walk up to the cemetery and visit my momma.  The green grass and view of the temple really fill my soul.   Plus it's good to work up a sweat.

3.  I'm thankful for books. I'm reading a total "Sheri" book right now.  It's called "Wife for Life" by Ramona Zabriskie .  It's about turning a good marriage into a grand one.

4.  I'm thankful for slow summer days. Sitting outside with the  sun on my eyelids.

5.  I'm thankful for my dad.... my daddy-o, my poppa..... He is still, as he calls it, "burbling" every day. It's a pity party cry fest one minute, then he's spreading joy and moving through his day just fine the next.   Losing a spouse is such a difficult thing.  I can only imagine...but I don't want to.....

6.  I'm thankful for good television.   Bre got me all hooked into "Call the Midwife," a BBC show set in the 1950's with wonderful period music, interesting characters and tug at my heart strings story lines...plus there are babies and births, and deaths and all of the great stuff that make up our lives.  No vampires, zombies or werewolves or fantastical science fiction...just life.   LOVE IT!

7.  I'm thankful Monson is loving his mission and gets to be in  a new area.  Traverse City will be cooler for the summer, and filled with tourists.   He only has 6 months left.

Elder Welch with the Miller Family and Jacob Nixon


No comments: