Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday--officially Autumn

1.  I am thankful for fall.  I have had some positive feedback on the new look of my blog...Thank you.  Just want you to know, I took the autumn tree picture last fall in front of my house.  We had a gorgeous, colorful fall last year, and I hope this year will be the same.  It makes transitioning into winter easier for me.

2.  I am thankful for Missionary Parent Gatherings.  We had all of the parents of missionaries serving in our ward to our home.   It was great to hear how every boy was doing, and about some of their ups and downs. It's good to share ideas on how to be more supportive.  I was amazed at the strength I felt knowing ours sons are out sharing the gospel around the world.  Truman's letter this week was spiritual, and filled with courage.  He admitted he thought about calling it quits...but has stuck it out, and is happier and more positive than ever.

3. I am thankful for cobwebs and dust.  Instant decorations for this time of year.   No house cleaning for 6 weeks..... It truly is the best!!!!  I just need to add a little glitter spray and voila!

4.  I am thankful for the three pumpkins that sit by front door already!

5.  I am thankful for friends and getaways and laughing and sharing together.  California was colder than Utah, but the company was warm.

6.  I am thankful the BHS football team beat WX this year.  It's the 21st year in a row this has happened, so odds were BHS was in for a loss....I am just glad it didn't happen on Monson's watch.  He would have been impossible to live with.  I keep reminding myself and him, it's only football....but sometimes it feels greater and more important than "just football."  Monson is doing great as a defensive tackle.  He actually plays bigger than he is.  He is loving his senior year.  We play Viewmont this Friday, another cross town rival.... I hope we win.....for Monson's sake.

7.  I am thankful.

No comments: