Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday


I'm thankful for deep fried Reeses Peanut Butter cups....just heard about them being served at a county fair in California, and they sound GREAT!

I'm thankful for a kind hearted mother who loves everyone...no matter what.

I'm thankful for Laila's joke telling ability. She came home from a cousin sleep over and told me she had a joke for me.... she begins..."There was this lady who was cheating on her husband...." What? Wayne and my eyes got as big as saucers....
"Who told you this joke?" we asked her.
"My cousin...(name deleted to protect the cousin)....., so any way, she is cheating on her husband and then there's a refrigerator. One guy jumps off the balcony, they throw the refrigerator off, and then another guy jumps off and they all die. When they get to heaven to tell the guy in heaven who wants to know what you did on earth,....there's a guy hiding in the refrigerator.....get it ? get it?"
I didn't get it...and neither did she.
It's a good thing I knew how this joke is supposed to end, or I would have stopped her at the words "cheating on." The only really funny part of this joke was mine and Wayne's faces.

I'm thankful my boys are off to Priest camp. This is the last time they can do this together. I hope the mosquitos aren't too bad and I hope they have a great time and don't give the leaders too much trouble.

I'm thankful my scale is going back down...

I'm thankful

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Ha Ha, I love the joke. Innocent little children who have no idea what they are saying. Like the other week when Jacob said, "What the hell is that?" Between laughing and being appalled that he said it, I asked where he learned that. He didn't know!