Tuesday, September 5, 2023

We are Layton-ites

Well, I can't believe we are really here.   I've decided ahead of time that I'm going to love my move and living in Layton.  I've decided to enjoy meeting new people and find something delightful about my new space.  I get to decide all of this.  I'm not trying to force my brain not to feel my feelings.  if disappointment comes up, I'll FEEL that disappointment and still decide that I'm going to be happy that I moved here.
Here is what's bringing me some delight -- the goats on the corner and how rural this area feels. 


 The walk straight up Gordon Avenue because of the view at the top and the Kayscreek walk because of the creek and the ducks.


My new nail salon-- Awesome Nails that's just up the street, I could walk to if I wanted.. that is run by lovely Vietnamese people and I look out onto a horse pasture while they are working on my feet.

Winco Supermarket-- the fresh produce and the bulk Bins are endless. 

Neilsen's frozen custard in Layton is NEVER crowded.

Wayne and I have jumped in with two feet in trying to get to know our neighbors and our ward.  We realize we are in the mission field so to speak.  Our neighbors were shocked when we showed up at their doorsteps with cookies in hand introducing ourselves-- but that's how we roll. We take cookies every Sunday to those who speak in church or teach us in our classes.  It's been fun to do this.  I also met a couple- Jay and Bonnie Benedict who just finished serving as Bishop in a YSA ward in the Layton stake.  I told them we have a lot in common and they are going to be our new best friends.  I think I shocked them how forward I was.  Oh well.  We shall see.

Our house is coming together.  We got to purchase a lot of new furniture--which has been fun.  And I'm hanging up my pictures etc... and it's all coming together.




No comments: