Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 in Review

A highlight for each month of 2019 

Jan- Laila's wisdom teeth out. 
Feb- St George with our Belnaps 
March- NYC with Cindy and Krystin
April - Cruise for Spring break with Laila and Wayne 
May- Sharing Sheri. CPT Gala honoring mom 
June- Philadelphia with my school
July- YSA camp, Laila European choir tour
Aug- Bear Lake Condos with all my people.
Sept- Life coach school in a Texas
Oct- Portland family road trip 
Nov- Scotland wedding
Dec. Elsie Adele born 

I love a good end of the year reflection and of course, I make all of my family play along. Some play along better than others. 

Melinda
  1. One word to describe past year:  Learning 
  2. Best thing you did for someone else this year: Re- Painted and decorated Laila’s room 
  3. Movie: Yesterday
  4. Show: Dear Evan Hansen.  Bre in Matilda. Addison as Tin Man and Captain Hook 
  5. Most Embarrassing:  I didn't know my phone dropped into the toilet from my back pocket.  and after I #1 and #2'd  I stood up to flush and then I saw my phone and screamed, plunged my hand in and ran to the sink.  It was shocking and embarrassing since it was at a public restroom which was full of people.  
  6. Laughed the hardest:  Laila getting her fish pedicure. So many fishes eating off her scaley feet.
  7. Learned to do:  Get along with and help train, walk and be nice about a new puppy -Jet
  8. Most newsworthy event:  Slept in a Scottish castle. Castle Culzean for Gilardi wedding.
  9. Biggest lesson learned:  Life is 50/50 
  10. Favorite place visited: Oregon coast
  11. Memorable moment: On stage with Brooke Castillo and having my movie shown that Nano helped me with. 
  12. Best advice: Generous Assumptions--people are all doing the best they can. 
  13. Achievement proud of: Graduated Life Coach School. 
  14. Compliment received: You make a perfect life coach - and  - You have amazing hair. 
  15. What/ who most thankful for : My close family. Like to be together and are kind to each other. Thankful I got to vacay to NYC with my cousins Cindy and Krystin. 

Wayne
1.  One word to describe past year:  Busy 
2.  Best thing you did for someone else this year?  Took the whole family to the Oregon coast.
3.  Best Movie:  Ford v. Ferrari
10.  Favorite place visited:  Oregon Coast


Laila
1. One word to describe past year: growing-up
2. Best thing you did for someone else this year: Just listened to people when they needed to be heard    3. Movie- 
10 things I Hate About you 
4. Show- Avatar the Last Airbender 
5. Most Embarrassing: my mom catching me with a hickey 
6. Laughed the hardest: When Peter Richards got his car keys stuck in between two aisles at Dicks and they had to pry open floorboards to get it
7. Learned to do: be okay with hanging by myself 
8. Most newsworthy event: I went to NINE different countries!! 
9. Biggest lesson learned: things come and go 
10. Favorite place visit: Switzerland 
11. Memorable moment: doing the Face to Face event with Elder Gong 
12. Best advice: don’t take life so seriously. You only get to live this moment once :)
13. Achievement proud of: getting so freaking good at making videos 
14. Compliment received: I did really well with the Face to Face Event 
15. What/ who most thankful for: my parents (of course) because they’re the most understanding people I know


Lexi
1. One word to describe past year:  Survival
2. Best thing you did for someone else this year?  Made and Delivered Elsie. She’s welcome. Also, helped my sister postpartum. 
3. Best Movie: Murder Mystery
4. Best Show: The Masked Singer
5. Most Embarrassing? Pants ripped in front of all the dance moms/dads on the first day of Tay’s dance class.
6. Laughed the hardest? Friend Sierra thought I was sending her to an authentic restaurant and it was Del Taco. Miscommunication. 
7. Learned to do? Make Donuts
8. Most newsworthy event? The birth of new baby, Elsie Adele. 
9. Biggest lesson learned.: Three kids isn’t easy. 
10. Favorite place visit: Rockaway Beach Oregon
11. Memorable moment:  My kids meeting Elsie at the hospital. Something we did not experience with Adelaide. 
12. Best advice:  Don’t have three kids (kidding... kind of)
13. Achievement proud of:  Completed our family via my body. 
14. Best Compliment received:  You are a thoughtful gift-giver
15. What/ who most thankful forMy Monson and all he does for our family.


Addison
1. One word to describe past year:  Business trip
2- Movie- knives out
3- Show- dear Evan Hansen 
4- Laughed the hardest?  Erin Carlson in the Addams family video- “large, and in charge”. Also “samantha” in frozen 2
5- Learned to do? Make a font, 
6- Most newsworthy event ? Finishing book 2
7- Favorite place visit: NYC 
8- Memorable moment watching bre perform in NYC and Hawaii
9- Achievement proud of- finishing Christmas underwear book
10- What/ who most thankful for. Pepperfox



Bre
1. One word to describe past year:  feast/famine
3. Movie- Where’d you go Bernadette
7. Learned to do? Record and edit a podcast
8. Most newsworthy event? Singing in NYC
9. Biggest lesson learned:  A job done is better than a job done perfectly
10. Favorite place visit: New York
15. What/ who most thankful for: my family


Alex
1.  One word to describe past year:  Growth
7.  Learned to do? Start a company and get set up online. Look up Crown: a salon. 
10.  Favorite place visit: Eastern Caribbean or Philippines 
13.  Achievement proud of: becoming head of my department at work - Thumbtack
15.  What/ who most thankful for: Landon, Andrew, Sophia. 


Landon:
1. One word to describe past year:  New
2. Best thing you did for someone else this year?   Showed up
5. Most Embarrassing? Splitting my pants at the beginning of an 8 hour haircut day. And just cutting hair like that all day. 
6. Laughed the hardest? The kids at Uncle Candys Christmas were a riot. 
7. Learned to do? Run a salon with online booking etc. 
8. Most newsworthy event? Started my own Salon
9. Biggest lesson learned.  Taking a breath, changing my thoughts about who and what I am so they are more serving. 
10. Favorite place visit: Oregon— I looked forward to this all year. I was in heaven having all my people together for a bit. 
11. Memorable moment: I’m trying to be better at locking into memory moments with my kids. 
12. Best advice: Don’t judge others on their worst moments 
13. Achievement proud of: opening Crown: a salon A
15. What/ who most thankful for: Alex, my kiddos, and my family. Gosh I love them. 

No comments: