Sunday, December 1, 2019

30 days of Thanksgiving


Day 1 of Thanksgiving 
The Gilardi’s and their generosity. Staying over as their guest in Culzean Castle will be unforgettable. We felt very posh. 

Day 2:  The Sharkeys. It’s hard to remember how old they are because they are so sharp and have so much energy. They danced the night away at the marquee. My moment that brought tears and warm feelings was when we were all out on the dance floor holding hands in a circle, swaying and singing “Thank you for the music” at full voice. Just loving my Sharkeys.   So grateful mom and dad served their Scottish mission which has blessed all our lives. 

Day 3. My Wayne. He made this trip possible. Got the flights, car, hotel. He takes care of me and Laila so well. He’s driving a car with steering wheel on the right and driving on the wrong side of the road. It’s an absolute challenge. 

Day 4. Thankful for airplanes. I’m amazed how the world gets small because of flight. Grateful to live in this day.  Excited to be going home. 

Day 5.  YSA’s. Glad to serve them. 

Day 6. Michelley comes and helps clean my home twice a month. 

Day 7.  Helping Laila. So proud of her for doing the face to face hosting thing. Working hard in school. 

Day 8. Lunch with Carols. I live me some Maurie, Jan and Julie time. 

Day 9. Leaves. We have so many to clean up. Love our shady trees. Grateful we are able to do it on a gorgeous blue sky day.  

Day 10.  Sabbath day.  I love the peace and the spirituality of the day.  It wasn’t always peaceful.  When my kids were little and with Wayne gone a lot, Sunday as a challenge.  Now it’s a blessing.  

Day 11. The internet.  It allows me to work from home with my online school and with my coaching business.  I can connect on social media and I can create blogs and design signs etc… that reach people. 

Day 12. Walking the dog.  I know that Laila’s dog, Jet, is a puppy and a pest, but I do like walking him in the mornings.  It feels useful and helps me get up every day and out the door  to do it.

Day 13.  My heritage.  It’s Grandma Butters’ birthday and I LOVE this lady.  She was my everything.  I want to be just like her at age 90 and beyond.  She was fun and funny, feisty and opinionated, giving, and Kind.  She had so much love and non-judgment for all of us.  When her  5 grands “came out” it was a big so what?   “You’re Gay well I’m straight and I just love you…moving on.”  So much to learn from her.

Day 14. I’m thankful for going out to lunch. I love it. Today I was with one of my precious YSA’s checking in on her life.  Sometimes it’s with my birthday sun seeker bunch,  my Caroles, my sisters, my Wayne, my ministering sisters.  I just love going to lunch.

Day 15. Gorgeous clear blue sky cold weather the last week 

Day 16. YSA Women’s conference.  A good reminder to come unto Christ. 

Day 17. Laila got to participate in the Face to Face with Elder Gong. Such a blessing. She really had a great time charming the adults and meeting David Archuleta 

Day 18. Maverick mug of caffeine-free Diet Coke. 

Day 19. Ginger cream cookies. A taste of Grandma Butters and my kids love them. 

Day 20.  Poppy is here for the next 6 days. She is a joy and I’m grateful to be her Meema

Day 21. Lady and Tayla join in the fun.  3 little girls in a tub.  So great that they all want to be here and love and know me.  I had a moment when they were laughing, squealing and playing and I could see them as grown ups with me taking them on trips, going to lunch and talking to them.  I teared up.

Day 22.  Downtime. Lunch with Barbara Schwartz. 

Day 23. Full temple day trip with some of our YSA’s. Bountiful, Ogden, Logan, Brigham city. 316 ordinances completed. 

Day 24.  Able to meet with MP7 ward Relief Society and share my prayer experiences. Stepping out of fear and into love and trust. 

Day 25.  My bff Si. She is an amazing cook and food celebrity.  I loved her the moment she said yes to come swimming with our little families at the pool.  She’s only ever been gracious and kind and a huge shoulder for me to cry on and sort ideas out with as we go on our morning walks 

Day 26 Hallmark Christmas movies.  I love the simplicity, the holiday spirit and the LOVE

Day 27 Decorating my home. I do it differently every year and I pare down more and more, but I do love it.

Day 28- Thanksgiving day with all of the fam.  Great food, fun times, a movie and lot of smiles.

Day 29 - Laila being able to take care of herself and the dog while Wayne and I are in SLC playing and seeing movies.

Day 30— Utah  football games especially when we win.  

No comments: