Saturday, June 3, 2017

Random Questions Nobody Asked:


1. Do you go by a nickname? My dad always called me LA-- right from the beginning, because that's how Marcie said my name. It stuck.  Wayne calls me La sometimes, or Lucky or Lu.   Eric Belnap calls me Ms. Welch  That's about all of the nicknames I can think of.

2. When driving, do you listen to CD’s, tapes, the radio or nothing? radio or CD's ... I always have music playing.  Now with Amazon music and Pandora I can listen to all of my musicals and sing my guts out when I'm driving by myself.

3. Are you a window person or an aisle person? It doesn't matter on an airplane.  I do love an aisle seat at a theatre.  

4. How do you relieve stress?  Go for a good long walk.  Bike.  EAT-- which is what I am trying not to do now.  

5. What’s your favorite childhood TV show?  The Brady Bunch was a must watch for me.  And I loved all of the re runs too.  I remember going to my piano teacher's house on 1200 south with Marcie.  We would go together and while one was playing the other got to sit in their den and watch the Brady Bunch.

6. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a mathematician -- what eve that meant-- because I really loved Math.  That changed in Jr. High and I fell in love with some of my teachers and changed to being a Broadway musical star or a teacher.  

7. What was the best prank you ever pulled off? Girl's camp pranks were always the best.  Spiders, snakes, food... all good fun.

8. If you could have dinner with any three people who are living, whom would you choose? President Monson-- I would love to bask in his spirit and  hear his stories.  Oprah Winfrey-- because she's Oprah and she's so enlightened.  Sir Ken Robison and discuss enlightened education.
9. If you could get back any article of clothing you once wore, what would it be? my knit poncho from 5th grade

10. If you could hire any actor to portray you in a movie, who would you chose? Meryl Streep of course.

11. If you could play any instrument, which would you play? Piano.  I'm still sad I didn't have enough will power and determination to stick with it.

12. If you could hear anyone in history give a speech, whom would you hear? Jesus- the Sermon on the Mount

13. If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, where would you live? Bountiful... it's perfect for me.

14. If you could make any fictional character come to life, which would it be? Scarlett...Gone with the Wind.

15. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?  A bum...or a tramp... or a hobo.  All the same thing.  Just put a bandana on a  stick, my dad's old shirt with holes in it, torn jeans and over size boots and scruff on my face.  Did this year after year.  

16. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?  CLosed is preferred.  Don't like seeing all of the stuff

17. If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be? Bugs Bunny...he's funny and sly and things always work out for him.

18. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? YES

19. Have you stolen a street sign before?  NO

20. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? OUT... need room for my toes to breathe

21. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?   Neither...but bees sound like I might have a way to swat at them and move them out of my way.

22. Do you always smile for pictures? YES

23. Have you peed in the woods? YES

24. What size is your bed? KING

25. What was the best concert you ever attended? I don't really attend concerts.  James Taylor singing his oldies was pretty good.

26. What is your song of the week? Songs from 9 to 5 that  I'm working on for CPT.  

27. Do you still watch cartoons?  Sponge Bob with Laila

28. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? Today...to Laila

29. How many languages can you speak? Just English.  I have a working knowledge of Spanish....just not conversational.

30. Do you believe in ghosts?  Ghosts or Angels.... YES

31. What was your first theatre experience?  I really remember seeing the broadway touring company of Peter Pan when I was a little girl (8)  at what is now the Regional Center in North Salt Lake.  It was mesmerizing to me...and especially scary when the crocodile came down the aisle right by me.  

32. Cheetos or Fritos?  Puffy Cheetos

33. Can you curl your tongue? YES

34. Ever won a spelling bee? No.  I did win some spell arounds in my grade school classrooms, which meant I was the last one standing when we practiced the weekly spelling words.
35. Own a record player?  Just barely got rid of it.

36. Who would you like to see in concert? Barbara Streisand was always a big one for me.  I'm going to see Billy Joel in November.

37. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles?  Neither.... Chocolate chip

38. Can you swim well?   YEs...because I grew up in my grandma Butters pool.  I know all of the strokes and actually taught swimming lessons for a few summers in High School.

39. Are you patient?  Yes

40. DJ or band at a wedding?  Band...and oldies band or a swing band

41. Ever won a contest? Yes...first one that was memorable was a dance contest at Bear Lake one summer.  I won with a partner I didn't and don't even know

No comments: