Monday, March 21, 2016

33rd Anniversary

Time sure flies when you are having fun or when you are married to Wayne. We celebrate 33 years today and looking back on our wedding day pics it seems like another world. 

We have changed. Our family has changed. Our technology world has really changed. And my love for Wayne has changed...for the better. It was grown more fierce and compassionate over the years. I love him and feel so blessed to be his wife.

Like all relationships we have had our ups and downs. But if someone were to ask me why we are successfully married and happy these are my thoughts: 

1.  We  have conversations not yelling matches. We rarely raise our voices to our children, and even more rare to each other. Oh we get frustrated and don't always see eye to eye. But we communicate and work through issues and kid problems.    I like this David O McKay quote ," There should be no yelling in the home unless there is a fire.”–David O. McKay

2. We let the little things slide.  So many things can get "buggy" and I just want my relationship with Wayne to be more important than things and stuff. If it really "bugs" we talk about it or. I just do it myself since I'm the one that it bothers or better yet I count my blessings that Wayne is on this side of the veil and hasn't left me. 

3. We are quick to apologize. No long or short term resentment.  We try to salve hurt feelings quickly. 

4.  We compliment  each other.  Wayne still helps me feel beautiful. He is quick to express feelings. And he is my handsome man. We also complement each other. My weaknesses are Wayne's strengths and his weaknesses are my strengths. 

5.  We openly  express our gratitude to each other in prayer and in person.  A kiss and a hug help too  

6.  We spend quality time together biking, dating, playing pickleball, cards or whatever. Finding hobbies to do together is a plus. 

7.  We laugh a lot!  Wayne is the best story teller.  He is animated and funny.   We try to always look on the bright side of our crazy life.   

8.  We go to bed together. It's a great time to wind down, cuddle and talk. 

Since turning 50 it feels like I have run from one crisis to the next.  So much drama and tears and trauma and more tears with little relief inbetween.   I'm so tired  of this feeling, but it's good to have strong, faithful Wayne by my side.   He is my joy and my song. 

Wayne wore a pink tux for me in our wedding day and he continues to prove that "real" men wear pink.

No comments: