Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas Morning was relaxed and joyous.  Everyone was grateful for what they received and there were a few fun surprises thrown in. I made everyone a Lyle Nelson Cole memory book with pics and parts of funeral talks to have as a keepsake.  It's like the one I made for mom when she passed.  

Laila got a hover board, a massager, clothes and a shopping spree and mindy mints and swig gift card etc..


Wayne got his LOTOJA medal and pics framed, a grandpa race track to play with the grandkids, a book and an apple watch etc...
Monson got a Grandpa  Lyle Suit, a mega plex popcorn bucket,  clothes, $, a massager etc...
Lexi, got an outdoor glider that sat outside Dad's back door, a DVD,  gas card  and a trip to Michigan. Her and Monson and Tayla leave Dec. 28 and get back on Jan. 4th.
Tru got a wok, cuisine art chopper, tv, $ a gas card, swig card and a silver tray, etc...
Melinda got pickle ball stuff, mindy mints and an apple watch,  a Tayla calendar, art prints, etc...
After presents comes our dance wars videos.  We draw for teams.   It was Melinda, Wayne and Monson  and we did our silly  video to "I can't feel my face when I'm with you," vs. Tru, Lexi and Laila who did their dramatic video to Adele's "Hello."   We started this last year and loved it so much that it's part of our Christmas tradition now.  It's a good thing we have a family of good sports....


By 5:00 all of my kids were in attendance for a formal Roast beef and Mashed potato dinner with all of the fixings and on Grandma Butters Royal Dalton china with the Reindeer goblets.  I inherited these from Mom's estate.  We opened presents and had our Lights On Celebration.  We turn off all of the lights, then we read scriptures about Christ being the Light of the world.  Then we had everyone pass a candle around and say how the person next to them brings light into their lives.  Sophia had me...she said, I was nice and a good cook....I'll take it.  Then we all moved into the Living room by the big tree and I turn on the lights to the obligatory Ooohs and Aaahs.  We sang Silent Night and it was such a sweet spritiual experience for all.  I truly felt the Christmas spirit and love for family, those present and gone away so strongly.  Alfie even said out of the blue, Hi to Papa Lyle...so I'm pretty sure he was in attendance.  We played games and just enjoyed each other.  

It was an all around beautiful, peaceful, fun Christmas.




_____________________________________

Christmas Andrew is what we have named Dec. 26th .  It's Andrews's birthday and it just seems fitting.  Christmas Adam (23rd) Christmas Eve (24th) Christmas (25th) Christmas Andrew (26th)
Andrew turned 9 and we celebrated with Brazilian food and more family time.  

I can't believe I have 4 grandchildren who call me Meema or Momma Melinda...  They bring such joy!











No comments: