Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Thankful heart.....Oct.1st

I can't believe it's October.  When School begins for me, my world whizzes by and I haven't really had a chance to breathe.  As I am sitting her working today, I keep thinking about  people who I am so grateful to have in my life..... so I'm going to list 6.

1.  I'm thankful for Addison and Bre.  They have begun a new adventure with their photography business, Heirloom PepperFox Photography.  They are so artisitic, and talented and I'm just impressed with their abilities and kindness to people.  They updated my theatre headshot, and I couldn't be happier with it.
2.  So thankful for my Dad.  We celebrated his 83rd last week, and he's doing great!... well I should say his attitude is great, his body seems to be betraying him....too many aches and pains, and sleepless nights and numb feet.  He tells me that, " getting old is not easy.  It takes real tough people to do it."   I'm glad he's tough.  He's a joy to be around, and makes everyone feel wonderful and loved in his presence.

3.  I'm grateful for my grand baby, Alfie.  He gets to spend a bit of time in our home, and he is a hoot.  He crawls and sucks his toes, and picks up even the tiniest bit of fluff off of the floor, then examines it and puts it in his mouth... Yum.  He loves green smoothies and his binky and playing with "his people." He recognizes his name...and whenever PoppaWayne walks in the door, Alfie gets a big grin and starts clapping.  Wayne taught him, "Here's a ball for Baby" song, and it has clapping in it.   Alfie even lets the dog lick his face, and doesn't fuss about it.
4.  I'm so grateful for my three sisters.  They are stalwarts through the no mom phase we are living in.  I can't believe all they give up and do for their own families, and for our sweet dad.    I'm glad we are all here close by and can lean on each other and I look forward to our monthly sister lunches.

5.  I"m so thankful to be in a show with so many of my favorite theatre friends.  Addison is choreographing, Maurie is directing, Jan is Producing, Mickey is stage managing and Julie is on stage performing with me in "9 to 5 the Musical."  I get to sing my guts out, laugh and cry and triumph in the  end.  Can't wait til we get an audience and get to show it off.  Being in a show is always so good for my head.
6. I'm also thankful for my amazing Wayne who takes up my slack when I'm not around. ANd....who puts up with his pre-teen, hormonal, eye rolling daughter.

No comments: