Tuesday, December 31, 2013

An Interview with me, myself and I

1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?  a 65 miler bike ride.  My butt hurt so bad, but I did it.  Going to do a 100 miler this next April

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?  Yes... for a few months anyway.  I lost weight and ate only healthy foods for 3 months...then went to China and came home to a sick momma and have eaten everything in sight since. I lost 25 pounds then gained it all back. I am a stress eater. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? So many exciting babies being born for the Bentley Girls- Natalie and Shana, and Jordan and Laurie Call.   Can't wait for our own Grand baby  in January  

4. Did anyone close to you die? My amazing momma.....she has left a giant void 

5. What countries did you visit? China with Wayne and Bob to see my sweet friend Kathleen Newman and family.

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Courage. 

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 21...the day my momma died 

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Don't feel like I achieved much at all...just making it to the end feels pretty good.

9. What was your biggest failure?  Not counting my blessings more

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No... I fell off my bike a lot, but my sweet Wanee fell down her stairs and has had a slow recovery and my dad had a heart attack and fell and broke his nose and eye socket. It's been really tough

11. What was the best thing you bought? A walk in closet.  It's great to have doubled my space.   

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Elder Monson Welch.  He is an obedient  and faithful missionary to the end   

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?  Congress and President Obama who shut the government down because they are all so stubborn and can't figure out how to get things done.

14. Where did most of your money go?  house, cars, kids, travel

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?  30th Anniversary...Wayne gave me a beautiful diamond ring.

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?   Christmas songs....Joy to the World. We sang them at the funeral. 

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?  sadder
b) thinner or fatter?  as fat
c) richer or poorer?  as rich

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?  listening

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Arguing with an 11 year old

20. How did you spend Christmas?  The Grinch stole our Christmas....Talking to my missionary.  

21. Did you fall in love in 2013?  Yes. We got 3 new family members...Alex Buzelli and his children Sophia and Andrew.  All are easy to love and make our Landon very happy

22. What was your favorite TV program? Sherlock, Call the Midwife, Downton Abbey

23. Do you hate (dislike) anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?  Can't think of any.... I guess that's good. What I hate is cancer! 

24. What was the best book you read?  The Rent Collector

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?  New musicals-- Matilda and Kinky Boots.  Laura gave me a Ukulele....I'm learning to play a few songs on it

26. What did you want and get?  New couches in the family room.  A re-decorated Living room with a wonderful fireplace

27. What did you want and not get?  the whole front of my house remodeled... into one giant room

28. What was your favorite film of this year?  Saving Mr. Banks

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I did not spend it at Bear Lake, which was weird.  I had a ladies sleepover at Si's cabin with a bunch of friends and ate Rhubarb Pie at midnight! I turned 51 

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?   To have a million dollars.  

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?  Grateful for so many sizes in my closet so I can have stuff to wear as my weight goes back up

32. What kept you sane? Exercising with Si....funny cards from Laura

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?   Love all of the people on The Chew-- 

34. What political issue stirred you the most?  Gay Marriage

35. Who did you miss? My momma...so much I can hardly bear it.

36. Who was the best new person you met?  Alex Buzelli. He is kind and even tempered and a great father. 

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.   LIfe is hard...and good...and  I am so happy to have my testimony of Jesus Christ to get me through the dark times.

38. What are you looking forward to in 2014? A new baby in the family, being in Sound of Music, doing something in mom's honor for a scholarship at BHS

39.  What else?  Traveling  to New York !!!!

No comments: