Friday, May 25, 2012

TGIF... dresses

Marcie and I showing off our dresses that mom made, 1964.   I am 2 and Marcie is 3.
Mom used to make most of our clothing.  These dresses were reversible and half way through the day, mom would turn them inside out and we would have a clean dress on once again.  Genius.
Mom was a great seamstress....then she had a nervous breakdown from trying to be the "perfect molly mormon" and never sewed again.

 I think of this bleak time in my mom's life every once in awhile  and I am so grateful for her and the lessons she learned during this time that she passed on to all of us.
Happiness is a choice.
Relationships are important and take work.
Good enough is good enough in so many areas.
Heavenly Father is real and knows us individually.
Life is hard and worth it.
Unconditional Love is the key.


No comments: