Sunday, September 4, 2011

Own Summer--Sept. Goal

I really can't believe we are in September.  I am looking back at my Summer of 2011 and wondering what happened? 
I found the following quote that kind of typifies my feelings:

“Every man makes his own summer. The season has no character of its own, unless one is a farmer with a professional concern for the weather. Circumstances have not allowed me to make a good summer for myself this year…My summer has been overcast by my own heaviness of spirit. I have not had any adventures, and adventures are what make a summer.”
-- Robertson Davies, “Three Worlds, Three Summers,


I want a Fall filled with adventure, so I can continue making my own Summer...........

My goal for this month is to have more gatherings....I want to have reunions, sleepovers, parties, dinners out, Birthday parties, family dinners and ball games...... these will be my adventures, and my summer can go on and on. 





1 comment:

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

Sounds like a good plan to me! It was nice talking and crying with you today. Adoptive Moms/Mums certainly share a special bond. Love you!