My Interview idea from last year.... I am using again this year. I am almost like Oprah....people just want to know all about me and what my favorite things are and what I read.....almost.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Cheered Monson on for his Senior year of Football. Held a Dismal Dinner. I was excited about this for months in advance. I am glad I have a good sport family that made it so much fun.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? YES! I made new years suggestions about gaining weight and eating too much, and I kept them. This year I am going with New Years decisions...and not just goals/resolutions....we'll see if it works out better.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Jordan and Laurie Call....sister Marcie became a Grandma. Erica and Brayden Haskell....friend Laura became a Grandma as well.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Elen Belnap....I have known her my entire life. She taught me a lot about nose hole sizes, and laughing at yourself. ( Eric and Laura Belnaps mother.)
5. What countries did you visit? Only USA....what's up with that?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? PMS ........;) (Plenty of Money and Sex) I had PMS in 2010...I just want the new and improved kind in 2011.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Addison and Bre's wedding-- Dec. 13th-- our forever "lucky" day!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being a Ma and Wayne being a Pa on Stake Trek. It was awesome, and inspiring, and testimony building and freezing and fun.
9. What was your biggest failure? On the diet - weight roller coaster still.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no....
11. What was the best thing you bought? Peacock shoes for the Wedding brought me so much joy.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Truman's.....he left for an LDS mission to Manchester, England in March.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Some of the crazy happenings at Girls camp with the girls bearing their souls and secrets and not testimonies around the camp fire. Wild!
14. Where did most of your money go? Besides a mortgage payment and car repairs, I would have to say travel. Travel to San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle, Las Vegas and Disneyland.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Addison and Bre getting married. Surprising Monson and Laila with a Disneyland trip.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Dynomite...Laila danced to it at Creative Arts, it played at many of Monson's football games, and it's on the radio a lot.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? as happy
b) thinner or fatter? as fat
c) richer or poorer? as rich
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Singing at the top of my lungs...
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Screaming at the top of my lungs...
20. How did you spend Christmas? Present opening. Talking to my missionary. Frantically packing and driving to Disneyland.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Continuing to fall in love more and more every year with my Wayne. He is the best!
22. What was your favorite TV program? Modern Family, Parenthood
23. Do you hate (dislike) anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Can't think of any.... I guess that's good.
24. What was the best book you read? The Hunger Games
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Pandora Radio
26. What did you want and get? My kitchen remodel finished.
27. What did you want and not get? All of my windows replaced in my house. Our basement is freezing and our upstairs is hot. It's amazing the cold air I feel when I get close to my windows. They are all bad. Maybe this is the window replacement year.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Tangled
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I spent it at Bear Lake with family on the Beach. I love this type of lazy b day. Sleeping in, no make up, lots of food and clean up that I didn't have to do. Raspberry shakes. I turned 48--this is exactly what I did/wrote last year, except I was 47.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have a million dollars.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Sick of all of my clothes...
32. What kept you sane? Exercising with Si
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Betty White. Love her continual popularity.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Immigration issues.
35. Who did you miss? Grandma Butters.....always.
36. Who was the best new person you met? New Daughter in Law...Bre. She is a joy to be around. She loves my Addison. She is talented and sings like an angel. She is bright and filled with light. I look forward to getting to know her better and better.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Keep positive thoughts. Make the most of every moment.
38. What are you looking forward to in 2011? Performing at the new Rodgers Memorial Theatre...now known as Centre Point Theatre.... in Hairspray! Chaperoning my final choir trip with my Monson to Canada!
39. What else? New scripture/theme for 2011-- "Be still and know that I am God."