Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Landon


I have a 22 year old son.
I can't believe how old he is getting.....how old I am getting.
It seems like only yesterday I was counting down the days, swimming in Grandma Butters pool, waiting for this summer baby to arrive.
This is what I wrote in my journal....22 years ago ....about this day.
Landon was born on Beautiful July 7th. It was a planned delivery. We got a good nights sleep and checked into the hospital at 8:00 am. 5 1/2 hours later--very painless hours later--and 3 pushes, a thick, black head of hair came through. Wanee says this baby looks just like Wayne's baby picture, except for the forceps marks on the cheek. Landon and his dad are pretty close to the same weight. Landon looks more different than I ever thought, So much hair and a perfect round head, Only a very little swelling through the nose. At 24 hours old, I have yet to hear him cry--except for the first minute of his life. I hope this peacefulness continues. What a beautiful, dark haired baby doll.
I love you, Landon......:)

1 comment:

Kimi said...

I've seen that same expression on Landeee a million times! How cute is he?!

Love that kid.