Sunday, February 28, 2010

I love Sunday

That seems so weird to actually write that statement.
I love Sunday.
There I did it again.
I remember years....and years of tolerating Sunday and just counting the minutes and hours until I could get back into my cacoon-of-a-bed and gear up for Monday. It was a struggle to feel of the spirit and to want to go to church.  I just did it because it was the right thing to do.
 It was hard when I had 4 boys under 6 years old.  It was definitely  easier having just one little baby on a Sunday.   ( Addison, Laila)  I know it helps that my kids are older now.
I said," I hate Sunday "so much when my boys were little, that I think I totally gave hem a negative mind set towards this beautiful day.
I say, " I love Sunday" so much around Laila, that she feels the same way and loves it.
I'm glad I have gone through the babies and small children stages  and have come out on the other side Loving Sunday.

Oh Sunday I love you.....How do I count the ways.?....
I love getting regenerated at church
I love hearing testimony
I love being among other like minded Saints
I love being with good people and knowing we are going through struggles and successes together
I love being with family at birthday gatherings, or Sunday circles or game night
I love to talk and catch up on everyone's week
I love to take the time to count my blessings
I love the different pace...slow or fast ...of this day
I love having everyone home
I love partaking of the sacrament...and getting a fresh start....a course correction.

I read Stephen E. Robinson's book Believing Christ, a while ago, and it really helped me think of the sacrament in a more personal way.  Essentially, as we partake of the sacrament we are going to the Lord and saying:
Heavenly Father, I wasn't perfect again this week, but I repent of my sins and reaffirm my commitment to keep all of the commandments.  I promise to go back and try again with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I still want and need the cleansing that comes through faith, repentance and baptism.  Please extend my contract, my covenant of baptism, and grant me the continued blessings of the Atonement and the companionship of the Holy Ghost.


I love Sunday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your candidness . . . and for sharing regarding the sacrament. Much needed.
Love you,
Paula