Friday, December 11, 2009

Checking in with Laila

We called home last night to speak to Laila and check on things.
Me: Hey Laila, how was your day? What did you do?
Laila: Well... I ate some cocoa pebbles, and then I froze to death!
Me: Wow. SO it's cold there. How much snow do you have?
Laila: Times 6 ( X 6)
Me: That sounds like a lot
Laila: It is
Me: I love and miss you.
Laila: I just imagine you in my head then I don't have to cry.
Me: Ok, thanks.
Laila: Let me get this right, you have a pool and then it goes down and you have a beach and an ocean too.
Me: That's right Laila... you would love it here.
Laila: How come I couldn't just hide in your pillow case?
Me: That's a good idea. Maybe next time. Be good for Grandma.
Laila: Got it.


This is word for word, as well as Wayne and I could remember it. It was a hoot talking to her on the phone.
We miss Laila
We miss Home
We don't miss the snow.....times 6.

No comments: