Sunday, February 18, 2018

Temple times


We had a speaker in church today retell some times in his family's lives when the Temple was such a blessing to them...and really a sacred, special place. 
 I started to  think and recount in my own life when I felt the power and specialness of the Temple.
1.  I loved going to the Salt Lake Temple when Grandma and Grandpa Butters were temple workers there.  One time Grandpa took me through the veil, one time they were Adam and Eve and one time Grandpa played Satan.  It was extraordinary! 
2.  We took Addison through a session at the Salt Lake Temple and he was given a Chinese name to do, and as we were waiting for him in the Celestial room…he came in very emotional and said it was so real, he could see a small, black haired man going through the veil with him.
 3.  It was such a sacred day when we were sealed as a family to baby Laila Nov. 2002…it was a joyous occasion.  It was the one time all of my children were in the temple together.  
4.  I felt so privileged to be the "Bride's mom" when Lexi took out her endowments and got married. It was special being in the Bride's room with her at the Bountiful Temple.
5.  I love sitting by Wanee in the temple...we always giggle about something.
6.  I loved going when Bre took her endowments out... I finally felt connected to her in a very sacred way.
7.  I loved seeing my Dad dressed in his temple whites when he was a temple worker.  He was so jolly when he greeted people. 
8.  I have had many sacred experiences with answers to prayers and putting people's names on the temple prayer roll for different reasons.
9.  When we were deciding to adopt, we went to the temple often and every time I would make a deal with the Lord..that if we were supposed to adopt we would be the witness couple on the session and EVERY TIME we were.

I haven't been that specific...because I can't put words to the sacredness of these occasions, but I hold them all dear to my heart. 

No comments: