Saturday, September 2, 2017

September is the month of Kindess

Two years ago today Dad left us...he took one last breath...we thought he was joking..we all laughed and then realized, nope this is really it...and he was gone.  It was a sad, relief filled , beautiful time.

Two years ago it felt like I couldn't catch my breath, that I couldn't put one foot in front of the other. that I was in a fog.  It's amazing how time heals, how time helps, how time just keeps moving forward with or with out my people.

And the Cole family just "keeps on keeping on."  I sing this in my current show 9 to 5 the Musical, and it's so true.

We still have fun at Bear Lake.  We still get together at least once a month to catch up on what's going on with everyone and we still treasure the lessons our parents taught us.  

Just like May is all about Sheri with her death (May 21 ) and birth days ( May 9 ) ... September is all about my dad with his death ( Sept 2nd) and birth days ( Sept 25).

My challenge this month is to be more KIND.  Extra KIND.  KINDER than I ever knew I could be. I'm doing this in honor of my dad..one of the kindest persons I ever knew.


No comments: