Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Extravaganza



We had our Saturday Easter celebration with the grandkids.   We decorated bags, colored eggs, hunted candy filled eggs and had a lesson on why we celebrate Easter in the first place. I got out our old Symbols of Easter egg carton, that was made over twenty years ago, and Poppa Wayne took the grandkids through the last days of Christ's life and explained the crucifixion, 3 days in the tomb, resurrection and why this Redeeming gift is so important. My heart was full of gratitude for my Savior and for my darling grandkids as they listened so intently. Andrew, Sophia, Alfie and Tayla are all learning and growing and trying to be more like Jesus. So why do we celebrate Easter with eggs and chocolate? ( eggs symbolize rebirth and new life and candy a sweet gift and colored eggs how we can be changed through Christ etc....) Sophia answered, "Because Jesus loves eggs and chocolate?"

















I love blowing bubbles for the kids.. They are bubble hunters and don't want any to touch the ground before they get them.  





HAPPY EASTER.  We enjoyed Easter Sunday with a YSA Stake Conference.  This is really different, and not as festive as I wanted, but ok.  The last speaker did speak about the last week of Jesus’ life and the beauty of the resurrection… so that was good. And Landon recorded the Hallelujah chorus at his church…so I sang along to that on the way home.  I love this holiday.  It’s one of gratitude and Thanksgiving.  I’m so  grateful for the love and sacrifice of my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know he lives.  I know he loves me and I know he is my redeemer and died for me that I may live eternally one day.     I loved singing “I know that my Redeemer  lives“ today.  The words seemed more poignant  and special.  I know that my redeemer lives.  What comfort this sweet sentence gives.



No comments: