Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year Looking back...and ahead

Every year I send some end of year questionnaire out to my family, and every year, after a little bit of pestering on my part, they send it back.    It's a great record of where we have been in 2016 and what we are looking forward to in 2017.

2016 Year in Review
Name:Melinda 
Age:54
Favorite color this year: Tangerine
New food tried this year: sauerkraut
New  activity tried this year: crazy rides on the top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book, article etc..:   WW11 Book:  The Nightingale .
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned:    I loved being with the Gilardi’s and Sharkeys in Scotland.  Such great people.  Their friendship formed with my parents continues to bless all of our lives and they feel  like family.   Friends are family we choose.
Hardest thing this year: Watching my kids with their different struggles and having Laila not attend church with me. 
A Favorite memory:  Attending Truman’s graduation from Delta training.
What I loved about 2016: Being able to play Dolly Levi in Hello Dolly was a dream come true.  Traveling with Wayne and Laila to UK- Scotland
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: conversational Spanish
Want to get better at:  Not wasting my time with electronics

Goals for 2017: Get my foot surgery and then get my foot healed so I can travel to Peru and climb Machu Picchu

Name:Wayne
Age:54
Favorite color this year: Blue
New food tried this year: Nothing new, but I ate a lot of Pho.
New activity tried this year:  a 4 day motorcycle trip with Uncle Bailey up to the Bear tooth pass in Montana
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book, article etc..: 
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned:    That we can disagree with people yet still love and appreciate them.
Hardest thing this year: figuring out how to parent Laila better
A Favorite memory:   Scotland trip with Laila and Melinda... visiting with Sharkeys and Gilardis.
What I loved about 2016:  All  of the grandkids live close, and Truman's flight benefits and my wife.
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn:  To play the Stock Market
Want to get better at:   Exercise consistently and eat healthy.
Goals for 2017:  Learn all the names of the kids in my new ward.

Name:Addison
Age:30!!!!! What?!?
Favorite color this year:  red
New  activity tried this year:  live fruit ninja- throwing watermelon with Danny Inkley.
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned: goal setting 
Hardest thing this year: house hunting
Favorite memory: Surprising Bre with a puppy! And signing papers to my house with Jill and Izzy there. 
What I loved about 2016: getting a new old house! 
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: character design for illustration
Want to get better at: illustration. Especially children's books. 
Goals for 2017: get a children's book illustrated. Rebrand my art and Etsy shop. 

Name: Bre
Age: 27
Favorite color this year: Yellow
New food tried this year: Baked Bear
New  activity tried this year: Rapping
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book, article etc..: "You Are A Badass"-Jen Sincero
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned: Don't be afraid to charge what you're worth.
Hardest thing this year: Finding a house!
Favorite memory: Opening a puppy for Christmas!
What I loved about 2016: Establishing our family in our new home!
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: Artisitic Portraiture
Want to get better at: Pushing my boundaries in studio photography.

Goals for 2017: Take more vacations.


Name:Alfie Welch
Age:2
Favorite color this year: blue
New food tried this year: I like chicken
New  activity tried this year: I like to color and draw- writing my name!
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book- Mickey Mouse book. Pooping book (everyone poops)
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned: sharing my toys
Hardest thing this year: bonking my head
What I loved about 2016: going to Disneyland 
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017

Want to learn: write more letters and numbers

Name: Alex Gerhardt Buzelli
Age: 33
Favorite color this year: blue 
New food tried this year: all foods became new this year. The flavors are all different, allergic to things I've never been before and vise versa. 
New  activity tried this year: Top Golf-- golfing in general.  
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book, article etc..:
The gift of failure by Jessica Lahey
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned: Karma. God watches over us.  Do good, reap good. 
Hardest thing this year: moving just a week after stomach surgery. 
Favorite memory: winning the custody battle. 
What I loved about 2016: traveling with Landon and the kids. Having a new place outside of Utah county.  Starting a new job. 
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: ways to cook healthier 
Want to get better at: Genealogy with Boston University.  
Goals for 2017: Buy a house. Eat healthy. Be happy.  Work out 

Name: Landon Cole Welch Buzelli
Age: 28 (but my kids will tell people 23)
Favorite color this year: yellow 
New food tried this year: Indian food with Alex but I don't know what any of it was called. 
New  activity tried this year: being a full time parent: And I think I'm pretty good at it; if nothing else I like it a lot.  Also running my own business. 
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book, article etc..:
book: The gay revolution- the story of the struggle. A history book and it was so powerful and eye opening. 
Also: The Work of Byron Katie. So powerful and love using it in my personal life and at work. 
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned: The Light in me salutes in the light in you, the spirit in me salutes the spirit in you, the love in me salutes the love in you. Our reality is only that of love and all else is an illusion of fear. And fear is not from God. 
Hardest thing this year: Feeling pushed out of a job and building up courage to break out and start my own thing. 
A Favorite memory: the phone call my honey made to me saying we had won and the custody fight was over! 
Also watching my kids grow and try things they used to think were scary like when we went to Disney and they got on roller coasters. 
What I loved about 2016: moving out of eagle mountain, being a full time parent, spending time with my sweet husband and kids.  Being an uncle to the niblings, spending time with my parents and siblings.  I just feel really close to my family this year and longed for more time with each of them. 
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: the Course in Miracles lessons.  Portuguese (gonna get that Rosetta Stone and get to work). How to do taxes with a business 😳
Want to get better at: working out and eating healthy. Being a house keeper. Finding activities to do as a family. 
Goals for 2017: other than what I've already listed-- 
Instead of criticizing I'm going to compliment.  Buy a house! It will be our first official house together! (Not one Alex already owned, not an apartment we rent)  Be debt free (for a hot second, until we buy that house) Add more clients on with my business.   Take muscle testing and energy therapy courses.  Have fun, be joyful. 

Name:  Sophia Evelyn
Age: 7
Favorite color this year: blue
New food tried this year: cantaloupe and honeydew
New activity: piano and ballet 
Book: the little prince
Greatest lesson learned: Sometimes things are scary and we can do them anyway. 
How to share better with my brother.
Hardest thing this year: changing schools twice. Growing up and liking different things from my brother. 
Favorite memory: Bear Lake summer boating. Having a new house. 
What I loved about 2016: I get to spend so much time with my family. 
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: I want to learn more Spanish 
Want to get better at: I want to be better at the piano and in dancing. Also I want to be nice.
Goals for 2017: Be healthy, choose the healthy snacks. Say nice things to people even if I'm upset. 
Not let others bother me.

Name: Andrew Jacob
Age: 10.   
Favorite color this year: Blue.   
New food tried this year: watermelon.   
New  activity tried this year: Piano. 
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book, article etc:..Harry Potter and the Sorcerers stone
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned:
Everyone loves you! No matter what, families are full of love and that doesn't change. 
Sometimes things are scary and we can still try them. 
Hardest thing this year: I had to move to a new school and say bye to my friends at Noah Webster.  
Favorite memory:  All the vacations we went one like Bear Lake and Disneyland.  
What I loved about 2016: having a house in salt lake closer to grandparents houses. 
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: I want to learn how to make YouTube videos 
Want to get better at: I want to be better at being a cousin and brother like how to take care of kids when they cry. 
 Goals for 2017: to make new friends at my school.  Speak up when I'm nervous. 


Name: Truman 
Age: 25
Favorite color this year: salmon
New food tried this year: deviled eggs with caviar
New activity tried this year: kickboxing
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book, article etc..: Gay Revolution
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned: you are not your circumstances 
Hardest thing this year: Moving to New York
Favorite memory: San Fran trip with the girls, Sal and Van. 
What I loved about 2016: I fly for free now! 
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: "how to be single" lol 
Want to get better at: managing time in the city

Goals for 2017: put on some weight! Lol 20 lbs of muscle. Write and film skits. Launch podcast. 

Name: Monson
Age:24
Favorite color this year:  red
New food tried this year:  none :)
New  activity tried this year: door to door sales
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book, article etc:..Start with Why - Simon Sinek
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned: double check everything 
Hardest thing this year: no job for 3 months
Favorite memory: snuggling with Tay
What I loved about 2016: my new job :) at Authorize.net
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: how to invest
Want to get better at: working out
Goals for 2017: be more consistent 

Name: Alexis Rae Jewell Welch
Age: 22
Favorite color this year: light blue
New food tried this year:  Eggnog
New  activity tried this year: Moving to Fresno, California 
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned: Don't blindly trust
Hardest thing this year: Moving to California
Favorite memory: Tayla learning to say Mama
What I loved about 2016: Everything Tayla- learning to walk, talk, dance, kiss, hug, etc, etc, etc. 
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to learn: To sew
Want to get better at: Being a wife and not just a mom
Goals for 2017: Take a vacation with just Monson. 

 Name: Laila

Age: 14
Favorite color this year: Just Blue
New food tried this year: Squid  at Tsunami, but I lived on In and Out Burgers- atleast 3 times a week. 
New activity tried this year: Competitive tumbling
Anything you’ve read that has stuck with you, book, article etc..:  Behind Closed Doors
2016 HIGHLIGHTS
Greatest lesson learned:  better to have  good quality friends, than a quantity of them
Hardest thing this year: tumbling conditioning or being friend zoned or picking good friends.
A Favorite sad memory: Standing at the railway station in Scotland hugging Eileen and crying.
What I loved about 2016:  Traveling to England/Scotland featuring...Harry Potter World and the Sharkeys and Gilardis
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017
Want to get better at:  Speaking Spanish
Goals for 2017:  Stay without Social Media til end of August and get my $1,000


No comments: