Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year 2017

We had a different kind of New Years Eve celebration this year.
We let Laila have her first "Friends New Years " and go to a party.  We knew we would be driving her here and there all night, so we needed to stay close to home.   We called up Laura and Eric and knew they would be doing a low key celebration and going to bed early...so we had them join us with a 5:00 movie of Collateral Beauty starring Wil Smith and then take out chinese food and games.  I supplied the New Year's hats so atleast we would look festive.  It was actually a lot of fun.  We all loved the movie, then we couldn't get any chinese take out from The Mandarin, Joy Luck...or any of the regular places, so we did take out from Wok Lin, they even delivered.  IT was good food... and then we played games with Jon and Emilee Dahl, because their little one was sick, so they cancelled their NYE plans.  The night turned out comfortable with Great friends.  We feel blessed to have the Belnaps in our lives.
We had to drive Laila at 5:00, 7:00 and ....almost 9:30 when her party got "closed down"  and the parents kicked everyone out because of some dumb, disrespectful kids and she was wandering the streets with no coat along with  60 other people... to finally picking her up at 1:00 to get her home. What a crazy night for Laila.

Truman celebrated in Florida with sunshine and  a pool  while the other kids all went to Landon and Alex's for a Shrimp boil ( pizza for Monson) and games.  This  party also included Richard and Amy Shurtz.  I'm glad my kids all like each other and rang in the New Years together.

I like this quote..... it really speaks to me and what I wish for my friends and family....

"I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you'll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you'll make something that didn't exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return.  And most, importantly that you will when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind."  Neil Gaiman

Happy New Year!!  I like to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by.  To remember both my triumphs and my missteps. I like that our world is in chunks of time....hours, days, weeks, months, years...it helps me see new beginnings and second chances as part of what all of us should be doing and giving each other.  This is what the Atonement is all about.   I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and the Love and light he brought to our sometimes bleak world.  Love in all of its forms.  Love gives me hope... Hope for a beautiful New Year.

No comments: