Monday, January 30, 2017

Family Feud...and more

What a riot we had for the Cole Family January gathering playing Family Feud.   We divided into two teams. I got the questions online and we used a white board to keep track of answers and matches won.  We even did Fast Money questions with Nelson and Monson playing for their team.   We laughed a lot and between the game and the rootbeer floats, chips and salsa, rice krispie treats and a delicious oreo cake made by Becca.... it was an epic FOOD and FEUD night.   (I can't believe I didn't get any pics.)

We try to gather once a month to honor the monthly birthdays and have a reason to catch up on what everyone is doing.  I feel compelled to keep this up as the new Matriarch with the passing of mom and Marcie.
______________
My foot is healing.  Only two more weeks off of it, or rather wearing a boot, or walking without any pressure on it, then the boot is off.  I look forward to driving again.

Laila also looks forward to driving.  She is studying to take the permit test so she can do a year of practicing with Wayne and I.
__________________

Three weeks as YSA bishop and we are learning a lot.  I have noticed that the YSA's only know about 6 people each in the entire ward.  It's a strange phenomenon for me.  I think my job will be to work on connecting and gathering these YSAs. Bishop Wayne and I have decided to issue Bishop Challenges that have to do with having the YSA's reach out to each other more. One month we will challenge or rather give permission to the YSA's to ask each others names over and over...so they can learn them.  Another challenge will be to talk to 3 new people and find out 3 things about them.  We can do Social media challenges and put your phone down and connect challenges.  Things to get the YSA's knowing each other better.  How can our ward theme be "To Be One"  if they don't even know each other???....anyway....it's a challenge...with a big treat jar involved.  Treats in the Bishop's office if they complete it and want to tell the Bishop about it.   It should be fun.

________________




No comments: