Happy Christmas ADAM..... My sibling and bonus sibling party was hosted by Elf Adam and Christine. We went to a really expensive restaurant with good food..but so overpriced...Kimi's...won't ever go again, because it was so dark and made Wayne so dizzy. But it was good to be together and the restaurant was quiet so we could talk and hear each other. Then we ended up at Adam's home to exchange gifts and have dessert. We are at Christmas #2 without Marcie and Dad and #4 without Mom, it's still hard for all of us and more so for Gary. (He teased that he didn't bring a Date this year.)
Christine and Adam have a list they put out each year on how to properly celebrate Christmas Adam... it's mostly all of the stuff ADAM does on this made up holiday that drives Christine nuts.
1. Celebrate this day of regret for all of the Christmas things you just didn't bother to do. I.e. Christmas cards, letters , office gifts, neighbor gifts etc. etc.
2. On this day we celebrate the panic we feel when wondering if we got equal amounts of stuff for our children. The answer is, of course, a resounding NO!
3. On this day it is appropriate and required to say something nice about the Dallas Cowboys. For example, "At least they're not the Redskins" or "Tony Romo has a cute bum." You get it .
4. On this day you should plan to hit every Ross store in a 100 mile radius so you can buy yourself Christmas presents. You know, like shoes you don't really need , or golf clothing. It's such a great deal you HAVE to buy it. Make sure to run it by the wife first though so she can give it a celebratory eye roll.
5. Spend the entire day of "Christmas Adam" trying to boss the wife around then enjoy a nice rest on a freezing cold street corner after you get kicked out of the car.
6. There is a meal or snack every hour on Christmas Adam. All of these festivities require fuel from foods that are bad for you. Try to eat all of them.
7. For a happy holiday for the whole family it is important to know where all of the best bathrooms are all of the time. Especially after activity #6.
8. It is very important to wear layers for "Christmas Adam" because if some people get too warm they become more irritating as the holiday progresses. Seriously they act like human spontaneous combustion is a real Thing. It's not , Google it.
9. While enjoying this most festive of holidays remember to spend all day making up your own words to every Christmas carol you know. Except The Little Drummer Boy. It's actually banned on Christmas Adam .....in fact it's just banned, period. Rum pa pum dumb.
10. And finally, ( you made it to the end, YAY!) make sure you tell everyone you know and everyone you don't, (total strangers), "Hey, did you know it's Christmas Adam?" Say it in your loudest and most obnoxious voice so everyone in addition to the checker at Costco is sure to hear you. ALL DAY LONG!