Friday, December 30, 2016

Foot surgery

I'm having foot surgery January 3rd.... and I'm looking forward to it and dreading it all at once.  I've had a hurt foot since July when I was in rehearsal for Hello Dolly and wearing character shoes and boots.  At some point my foot just gave out and my toes split apart and the ball of my foot was in searing pain.  I've been going to doctors, buying orthopedic shoes and hobbling around ever since.  My foot feels great if I stay off of it... but that's not going to happen....so I'm having surgery.  Doc Johnston is going to reattach ligaments, a tendon and shorten my metatarsal bone so the bones on my 2nd and 3rd toe don't collide anymore.  I will be out of commission for 6 weeks... no weight bearing, on a knee chair and crutches, then in a boot for 6 more weeks...then therapy.  What a way to spend the winter months.

No comments: