Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas Happenings

5 Carols for Christmas is underway (again) up at Weber State this year.  I'm so thrilled I'm a part of this holiday tradition.  Putting on Ms. Q. again and dusting off the harmonies with my fellow Carols makes me soooo happy.

We are getting new costumes and scenery this year and we will be performing in the Allred theatre at WSU where the first Carols show was premiered with Bre in the part of LingLing.  She will always be THE Lingling for me.

It's actually so nostalgic for me to be on the Allred stage.  It brings back my college days.  I performed so many shows there.....  Student Prince, The Boyfriend, Godspell, Sound of Music, Annie Get Your Gun, Pippin, The Abdication ... 
Plus I have seen so many shows my Addison and Bre performed in on that stage.  It's a great space.

I love my Carols.  Maurie, Jan, Julie, Lindsey and myself just have so much fun together.  We have even all taken up Pickleball and we are planning our own production of Nunsense this spring to perform in the Clearfield space.

My Christmas decorations are up.  I really loved doing it this year because I could incorporate some of mom's stuff with mine.

Nostalgia tree.. all of the ornaments I made starting when I was ten years old up to what the kids have made for me and the cousins when we used to have an ornament exchange.    
Mom's Fontini Jerusalem set/ Nativity  on the baby grand piano in my living room....

Jesus tree.  It gets simpler every year and I still love having baby Jesus actually asleep in the tree and my friend Paula's lovely calligraphied quotes and scriptures about the Savior.
Here is a little Living room tour

We have already had our first Christmas party with the extended Welch family. We had the live nativity with two Mary's and two baby Jesus'.  Tayla was one of them.
Haylee as an angel, Holly as an angel and Abby as Mary with baby Jesus-Tayla

 We also had our first ever family talent show and a white elephant gift exchange.  So happy to be part of this wonderfully, loving family.  Here is our lame talent...of the Christmas Singers and Wayne doing some magic.



Alfie is adorable and has us all wrapped around his finger.  He can do no wrong.   He says his full name Alfie Grandpa Lyle Welch...it's unbelievably darling!

No comments: