Sunday, November 8, 2015

Counting blessings


The opening song in my ward Sacrament meeting was  Count Your Blessings. So I did.  I am so grateful for family and friends and our life journey that we get to travel together. Verse 1 and 2 of Count Your Many Blessings...took my breath away and made me stop...then the 4th verse of the song started and I knew it was a message from the Lord that I needed.  

"So amid the conflict, whether great or small, Do not be discouraged; God is overall. Count your many blessings; Angels will attend. (Mom, Dad, Marcie and Tom) Help and comfort give you to your journey's end."

The past few days I've been in deep reflection. I have wept and felt anger and felt peace. This is what I know today...I have been taught for over 50 years to LOVE, love my family, my fellow man, everyone and that is what I have and continue to strive to do. I have been taught how to serve, to be positive, to be compassionate, to mourn, to respect, to uplift, to grieve, to care, to forgive, to learn by faith, to grow, to be a Mother and a Grandmother, to pray, to teach and to be taught, to receive , to give, to understand and to seek understanding, to find my Savior and to feel his love and the peace that comes from him. And SO much more. 

I've tried to teach my children these same things and know that each of my children have a deep spiritual connection with their Savior and they have come to know Him in their own way.  

ALL that cannot be taken away by a new guideline . It can't. 

As I count my blessings, I feel peace that only my Savior can give me. That is what I will hold to today and tomorrow and going forward.  

God is good. 

Counting my blessings brought peace and perspective. 





No comments: