Sunday, August 2, 2015

Musical Tender Mercy

I've been struggling with counting my blessings through this difficult summer. It's been so hard with Marcie 's body being ravaged by cancer and my Dad having heart and kidney issues plus what's been going on in the news that so affects my family. Anyway. While sitting at Marcie's bedside we started talking about favorite hymns and the one she spoke of first was "Where Can I Turn For Peace?"  Since then I've been singing this hymn over and over but only the first verse of it because I couldn't remember the rest. I couldn't get this hymn out of my head, so while visiting with dad during his church services at the care center I pulled out the hymnal and looked it up. 

Where Can I Turn for Peace?
1.Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?
2.Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.
3.He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.

I  Love this hymn and I really needed to read all of the verses to remind me that Jesus Christ my brother, friend and Savior is always near. But the hymn on the opposite page is what really caught my eye and heart.  This is what I really needed -- a re-affirmation of my faith and testimony.  

When Faith Endures

1.I will not doubt, I will not fear;
God’s love and strength are always near.
His promised gift helps me to find
An inner strength and peace of mind.
I give the Father willingly
My trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides; his love assures
That fear departs when faith endures.



I really appreciated this musical tender mercy. The Lord knew what I needed. Marcie mentioned the Where can I turn for peace hymn, it got stuck in my head so I looked up the words and the Faith hymn, which I am not as familiar with and would never get stuck in my head was what I really needed to read. 

Thanks Heavenly Father 
---------------------
Plus it's National Sister's Day and I have three of the best. 

I treasure them 

No comments: