Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Interview with Myself


1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? Traveled to Michigan to see Monson's mission and attend a summer BBQ Wedding shower for Monson and Lexi. We got to meet Lexi's loving family.  Also.........Traveled to upstate New York to see the Hill Cumorah Pageant.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?  My resolution was to wear my seat belt in the car-EVERYTIME... and I did that. It was also to have more courage and talk about and face hard things.  I like resolutions...so I will do it again this year, and every year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?  Add and Bre on Jan. 15th.  We have our first Grandbaby boy Alfred Lyle Welch in our lives and he is a joy! 
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes...Grandma Ruth Bentley on Dec. 26th. She was 93. She was always so loving and kind to me.  She attended many of my shows and knew how to hold a hand tightly and really listen.
5. What countries did you visit?  none...Does Disney Epcot count?
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?  More patience with Laila
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Jan. 1st--Elder Monson Welch returning from his Michigan Mission.  Nov. 21st...the day Monson and Lexi got married.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Being in 3 shows... haven't done that in a long time.  It felt so good  to do Sound of Music, 9 to 5, and 5 Carols.
9. What was your biggest failure?  crashing my YELOCAR... I left it in drive and got out of it and it rolled across the street and crashed into the neighbors garage.  Yikes. Good thing we have insurance.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?  Not really.  A pulled achilles that kept me from riding my bike for all of  June.
11. What was the best thing you bought?  a new Iphone 6 plus... I can finally see my texts and Instagram pics.  The screen is so big it's beautiful.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Laura Belnap for having the guts to run for State School Board and then actually winning the race.  She is a mover and a shaker and I'm proud to be her friend. Wayne for finishing his BearPA-200 mile bike ride in 2 days from Bear Lake to Park City.  It was really grueling, and took time to train and determination and grit to go up Mount Baldy....but he did it!  
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?  Alex's ex-wife.  She is bitter and confused and spouts poison to her children.
14. Where did most of your money go?  Home, food, cars
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having our grandbaby move back into state..and being with us more. Monson and Lexi getting married!
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?  John Legend's All of Me
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier    b) thinner or fatter?  same    c) richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?  Painting.  I lost my muse..and mom supporter so it was hard to want to go down to the paint room and paint.  But I'm recommitted to this pursuit.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Time spent in the hospital /care center with my dad.  That doesn't sound exactly right.  I wish he wasn't there either.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With  almost the whole family having a sleepover at our house, wearing matching PJ's, eating good food and making music videos.  Just missed our little Andrew and Sophia. 
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?  Yes with Alfie!  
22. What was your favorite TV program? White Collar, Brooklyn 99, Parenthood
23. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t this time last year? no.....vandals, terrorists, mean people.
24. What was the best book you read?  The Lincoln Hypothesis.  Such an interesting theory that could have really happened.  End of your life Book Club--so many books recommended and such a sweet story of a guy who's  mom is dying of cancer. I could relate.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?  I really do like Taylor Swift.
26. What did you want and get?  A new mattress 
27. What did you want and not get? to go to NYC with my girlfriends...and it all got cancelled and put on the back burner.  
28. What was your favorite films of this year?  100 Foot Journey, Gaurdian's of the Galaxy, The Good Lie, Into the Woods (except for Johnny Depp and his costume)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 52 years, and we went to Palmyra NY to see the pageant that Add, Bre and Alf were in and to go to the Scared Grove for my first time ever!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?  a million dollars... I put this down every year.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?  Just trying to fit in what's in my closet.  I lost weight and gained weight....what I seem to do every year.
32. What kept you sane?  Going to the Temple.  I love doing initiatories!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?  Chris Pine... the Prince in Into the Woods.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?  The rioting that took place because of police brutality across the country, but especially in Fergason, Missouri.
35. Who did you miss?  My mom of course.
36. Who was the best new person you met?  Lexi Jewell...met her in January, and she became a part of our family in November. 
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.   Action cures fear.  I have known this, but it was manifested to me again this year as I spoke, shared my thoughts and supported my  gay family members and friends and gay marriage.  Also.......My little girl is growing up and it's hard to know boundaries, and what she likes and dislikes now...and how to support and talk to her.  Need to keep working on this relationship and make it a priority.
38. What are you looking forward to in 2015? Family cruise to the Western Carribean  in 18 days!!
39.  What else?  Making more travel plans...and memories.

No comments: