Tuesday, October 14, 2014

9 to 5 the Musical


I am in love with 9 to 5 the musical!  
I get to play Violet Newstead, a strong woman who is a widow raising a teenage son and wants more for her life than being a secretary at the mercy of a bigoted, lying, hypocritical, egotistical boss. In the end she finds love  and becomes the first female CEO in her company.  ( Plus I get to be Snowwhite in a dream scene about how I would kill my boss. )
 Being in this play is so much fun for me.  I love singing my guts out and dancing and being funny and sweating and hanging out with like minded actors who just love theatre as much as I do.
Marie Tarbox is the director,  Jan Smith is the Producer, Addison Welch is the Choreographer, Mickey Larsen is the Stage Manager.  It's just been a joy...plus I get to be on stage with some of old my favorites, Julie Nelson Blatter, Adam West and some new ones Lori Rees and Gary Pimentel.  
In every show there are the veteran actors..and there are the newbies.  I really appreciate the new theatre actors, who just want to be in a show and try being on stage.  It's a good reminder about how community theatre is for everyone of all abilities.   It's great to share this passion with others.
Doralee, Violet and Judy ready to play

I killed the Boss




No comments: