Monday, April 21, 2014

I know He LIves!

When my momma was leaving our world last May, the one thing I knew for sure was that I would see her again.  I know this with every fiber of my being. I have this great gift because of the sacrifice, atonement and resurrection of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  He Lives and because He lives we will be with our loved ones again.  This is especially sweet to me this Easter time of year.  What a great holiday of remembrance.

We had our annual extended family egg hunt, egg chuck and picnic. 




It never fails to amaze and amuse.....
Speaking of amuse.....baby Alfie is not.  He's probably thinking,"what is up with my parents and why do I have blue ears?"  He is adorable!

Lexi, Laila and Melinda in Easter outfits
Big news. Lexi and Monson are officially engaged and wedding plans are in the works. Nov 21st  is the big date. This will be one year from her baptism.  They will be married in the Bountiful temple.  And we are thrilled to welcome this sweet, Michigan girl into our family. For the proposal, Monson had her go on an egg hunt and find her basket, then when she opened the candy eggs, one of them had a note inside that said, " I love you", she turned and looked at him, and he was on his knee with a ring, asking her to marry him. She said, “Oh my gosh, I think I’m going to cry.  Yes.  Yes.”  It was really sweet. He was nervous but he did great. 

 Now the wedding planning can really begin.  Monson said he only wants to make 3 decisions concerning the wedding  and the rest is up to Lexi.  He wants to choose who to marry, ( Lexi) where to marry ( Bountiful temple) and what the colors are ( blue and yellow Michigan  colors) They have had a fun time calling everyone back in Michigan and her dad in Alaska and letting them know the news.  It’s been a fun couple of days announcing and showing off the ring to everyone. They will go to Michigan the end of August for a big Party/wedding shower for Monson to meet everyone.    We are thrilled to welcome a new Welch girl into our family mix.

No comments: