Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happiness Day

.....Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth...
I really like this Despicalbe Me 2 song.... it's so fun and light hearted, although I don't want to live in a room with out a roof.....which is what the song says........anyways................

Today is International Happiness Day...  So I'm getting in the spirit and listing some things I'm happy about.
1.  Happy to be driving a car, that needs very little care and up keep and just keeps rolling along, even if it is black and not YELLOW
2.  Happy to live in Bountiful, Utah with the temple so close, and good friends and family close by and pretty much everything I love is here....although it could use a few more good restaurants.
3.  Happy to be a grandma...it doesn't really seem real, since I don't get to spend too much time with them, but I look forward to more grandkid time in the near future.
4.  Happy my dad is doing better healthwise, and has such a positive attitude.  He's my daddy-o and I love him.
5.  Happy to be having my Happy 31st Anniversary tomorrow.  Where has the time gone?  Wayne and I are getting to be the "old" people.  Happy to have gone through most of this life together.
6.  Happy for sunshine and not such a harsh winter as they are getting back East.  We will be setting up the swings and tramp this weekend...a month earlier than normal because of the great weather.
7.  Happy for the gospel of Jesus Christ which centers me and anchors me through my challenges and struggles.
8.  Happy to be doing a show.  Sound of Music is so fun for me.  It's been my therapy .... I can go and laugh and sing and escape for just a bit. I love  being in stage for the opening if the show when the big, red, Austrian curtain goes up. It's such a great sound and feeling. 
9.  Happy for sisters to go to lunch with and share burdens with and laugh with and go through life with.

My old friend, Janet, went to Scottland and asked a kilted Scotsman what he wore under his kilt. He looked at her, smiled and said....."Happiness."    (He might have said something else, his accent got in the way. )  


No comments: