Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Life of Cry

I just got done watching a "What not to Wear" episode on TLC.  I teared up through out the entire show.  I don't know why it's just  so touching to see how makeup  and clothes and a new hair style can make all the difference to someone's life.  I know it's weird that I cried. But......it's what I do.

I am a crier.
There.  I've said it.  I'm really good at it.

I cry all of the time.  I get it from my father.  He always joked that his kidneys were right below his eyelids and so that's why he always had water coming out of his eyes.  All I know is I got the same genetic make up.  As my dad gets older, the tears flow more freely.  As I get older....my tears are right at the surface as well,  ready to bubble up and drip down my cheeks.

I literally cry every Sunday.  Something will set me off.  Seeing someone else get choked up and teary.  Watching the deacons pass the sacrament and remembering when I had awkward 12 year old boys living in my home.  Hearing a heart warming experience.  Sharing my testimony.  Singing.  Thinking that Laila is going to be a Beehive next year at this time. Looking over my left shoulder during a meeting to catch my friend Si's eye, and having her NOT THERE.  (She just moved out of the ward) Really just anything.  I used to be bugged by my church crying, but now I just know it's me.

There is a  "cryer group" in my ward.  All the wardies know  it's Nick Cash, Nan Bruske, Lois Keiffer, Chris Capson, Bishop Barlow and Me.   Laura Belnap can join in too.  She's a pretty good crier.

Nick Cash says that he used to be bothered by his church crying, but now he says when he gets choked up he thinks there is a little angel sitting on his shoulder testifying.  I like it.

I cry at commercials.    Hallmark commercials are the worst...but so are car commercials, laundry commercials, Dorito commercials, baby product commercials.......

I cry at tv shows ...and in movies.... and during beauty pageants....when I relate stories.... when I read missionary letters ......when I sing at funerals-even when I don't know the people......when I see a beautiful sunset ........and while watching the news.

I have some family members and friends who are "rocks."  I know they are feeling it, but no tears are dropping.  How would that be?

I cry therefore I am.



2 comments:

Teri said...

Hi, my name is Teri Cowan. And I'm a cryer.

Unknown said...

You forgot while working out and or walking. You cry then too! I love you.
me