Friday, February 22, 2013

Funny Friday Flashback

11/08/04
Laila, as I write this, is putting drops of hot cocoa in her belly button.  She is crazy.  She smiles at me with a pious " Church Lady" smile when I ask her what she is doing.  She loves to hit balloons in the air and try to catch them.  She is now calling me, "Gorilla Gabu."  She means Cruella Devil from 101 Dalmations.  She has a funny little voice.  She likes to sing the rainbow song and she wears her Snow White outfit every other day.  She attended a Princess Birthday party for Savannah Bentley on Saturday and she was in heaven.  She wore her Tinkerbell gown and she had her fingernails painted and she made a bracelet and ate miny sandwiches and cupcakes.  She was the youngest one there, but she did good.
Abby Welch, Savannah Bentley, Laila, Anna Welch---cousins

11/12/04
When Laila falls asleep in my bed at night, she is asking all sorts of questions.  "What color is...?"  and "What time is it?" are her favorites.  She is also so interested in  body parts.  She wants to know every part...it reminds me of when Landon was little and he said to me one morning while I was getting dressed, "You know those fat things on girls we call boobs?  Well,  Jesus calls them breasts."

11/19/04
Laila and the boys were happy that we came home from NYC.  Laila just hugged and loved me over and over again.  So cute.  Then she looked at me and said, "What's your name?" I'm like.....".It's mom, mother, mommy, Melinda."  All of these responses were wrong.  She just kept asking me.  Then she reminded me, with a little smirk on her face, "You are Gorilla Gabu."  ( Cruella Devil)  She hadn't forgotten.

No comments: