Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

1.  I'm thankful for Truman.  He just moved back home and is getting used to day to day Welch life all over again.  He is funny, sweet, helpful, crazy, sarcastic, adventurous and an activity planner.  Now if I could just get him to go to bed at night.
Truman had Christmas card photos taken with his friends.  He's crazy like that.
2.  I'm thankful for my favorite-sister-in-law Holly.   Holly's Christmas Friend to Friend program was amazing. She played the piano, sang and danced in a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer number and  a cat and mouse puppet song and an Angel chorus complete with sign language.  Holly knows every word and does all of the actions full out.  It's a beautiful thing.   I cry every time with joy!  This year at the end of the Program Santa came.  Holly was shaking.  She turned to all of us and screamed , "I'm Freaking out!"  She sat on Santa's lap and asked for a new music box and some holiday socks.  Her wants are simple.
3.  I'm thankful for wonderful "bakers" who want to play with me.   I had my first ever Holiday Cookie Exchange.   So many great ward friends and a variety of sweet treats.  As I was making my ginger cream cookies, the night before, and they weren't turning out, I wondered why I was throwing this shindig....but I had already sent out the invites, so I forged ahead.  It all worked out, thanks to Si.  We had a lite lunch of ham on rolls and a salad and laughed and talked.
I even sold my first painting.  The ladies were all very supportive of my art work.  Maybe I really will keep painting and have an actual showing at some point.

4.  I'm thankful for the written word.  I may not be very good at it.  I just throw my thoughts out there and hit submit.... But Laila has a gift.  Laila gave me a 5 paragraph persuasive essay about why she deserves to have an Itouch 5 for Christmas.  It is a masterpiece.



No comments: