Sunday, January 8, 2012

a little secret

Wayne and I share a sock drawer.
Wayne and I also share socks.  (His feet are average for a man, and mine are large for a women.)
For the past couple of months I have been able to open our sock drawer about 5 inches, either take a  sock out or shove a sock back in  and then swiftly push down on all of the remaining socks with all of my might and slam the drawer quickly shut before the socks can puff back up again.

The SOCK drawer is PACKED!
Which begs the riddle:  How many socks should one couple share if a couple should share socks?
How did we get this many socks?
Wayne blames the boys.  They were always pilfering out of the sock drawer, and so Wayne would buy more... and buy more...and after so many trips to China  and bringing back socks......well let's just say we have a lot of socks.

Today was the day of reckoning. I  took the over flowing drawer out and dumped it all on my bed. It covered the entire King mattress.
We have 96 pair of socks and 16 singles hanging out in this drawer.  I have since sorted,  bundled, counted, and trashed many a sock.

The drawer is neat and tidy and we can go back to being a happy sock-sharing couple once again. One whose drawer actually opens and closes.

1 comment:

Jill Welch said...

so funny! we never have enough socks!