Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday 5 Fave....Food in Bountiful

Bountiful doesn't boast the best eating establishments.
Now,  I am not a picky eater and can pretty much eat anywhere and  I am usually just glad to be going out, but I have become more discerning after hanging out with my foodie friends.
I was thinking about all of this when I came up with............
Top 5 places to eat in Bountiful.....in no particular order.

1.  Salt City Burger....love the fresh burgers with grilled onions and mushrooms, sweet potato fries and caffeine free diet coke on tap!

2.  Vito's......Italian food truck that is parked in the UofU extension ( old Stoker school) parking lot at lunch time.  The Philly Cheese Steak loaded with mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers with Provolone cheese is the stuff that dreams are made of.  Plus I love how Vito just keeps cooking and everyone is on an honor system for payment, drinks and chips.

3.  Plate and Palates.   I love their salads.  Pear and Pecan is my standard favorite but their specials are all good too.

4.  Mandarin.....excelllent Chinese food if you can handle the wait.  I always order the Almond Chicken....mmmmmm.

5.  Royal India.......that's right Indian food on Main street in Bountiful that is delish.  I love the Coconut Kurma and the buttered Nan.

So that's my list.  Not a franchise in the bunch!

#11.........I am thankful for the opportunity to eat OUT!

4 comments:

Erin Blake said...

I need Vito's when I come...

Melanie said...

I would have to agree with your top 5. Love Vito's!

Misty said...

I agree with almost all of those.... but you need to add Arella's to that list, too. Caprese salad and garlic cheese bread -- oh, baby.

bre and add said...

What! How have i only eaten at ONE of these places? We'll need to fix that!