Wednesday, November 9, 2011

#9 Thankful for Church Calling

We had our Evening of Excellence last night for YW.  It was wonderful to celebrate the Young Women and their personal progress.
Our night was based on Elder Uchtdorf's talk...Happily Ever After.  We all dressed as princesses and told fairy tales that related to the eight Values.  We decorated with a magic mirror, glass slipper, sugar plum candy dishes, flags and wands.  We gave all of the girls a crown with this quote attached:


Happily ever after is not something found only in fairy tales.  You can have it!  It is available for you!  But you must follow your Heavenly Father's map.  Be strong and of a good courage.  You are truly royal spirit daughters of Almighty God.  You are princessess, destined to become queens.  Your own wondrous story has already begun.  Your once upon a time is now.

I love being part of this organization.  I am currently the 1st Counselor over the Mia Maids.  These 6 Mia Maids are all so different and actually attend 5 different schools, yet  they all get along so great. I love the time I spend with them.   I also get to serve with such beautiful, strong women in the presidency....... Kathleen, Nan and Jan.....plus all of our wonderful advisors are amazing and so willing to help.

Being in Young Women's is my comfort zone.  I have always loved teenagers......and feel such kinship with them.  Probably because I never grew up myself.

I am thankful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Blue Fairy Rules.

Melanie said...

So cute! Love that group of people, even though you are in a conspiracy against me.