Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day 2011

It was a rainy, but great day to honor our fathers!

Wayne gave a talk in church today about conference messages and honoring fathers.  Right before he stood to speak the youth in the ward sang, "Love at Home."  This was Tom's favorite hymn, and we sang it around his death bed.  It was a tender mercy for Wayne and me.  We felt like his dad was there to hear him speak.  Wayne is a masterful speaker and weaves scriptures with poetry, songs and personal experiences.  I love listening to him share his testimony. I am so blessed to have him in my life; my best friend and father of our children. He is a man of many talents.
 He is a great example to them of perseverance, magnifying callings, goodness, service and love.

This poem by C. C. Miller titled "The Echo" illustrates the importance and impact parents have as they influence their children:

'Twas a sheep not a lamb
That strayed away in the parable Jesus told,
A grown up sheep that strayed away
From the ninety and nine in the fold.
And why for the sheep should we seek
And earnestly hope and pray?
Because there is danger when sheep go wrong;
they lead the lambs astray.
Lambs will follow the sheep, you know,
Wherever the sheep may stray.
When sheep go wrong,
It won't take long til the lambs are as wrong as they.
And so with the sheep we earnestly plead
For the sake of the lambs today,
For when the sheep are lost
What a terrible cost
The lambs will have to pay


We spent time with the entire Cole Clan, honoring my dad at Marcie's home.  A hot dog bbq bar with all of the exotic fixings that only the Calls can create.  The rain stopped and we were outside for a bit.

The Grandkids love their Grandpa Lyle!

   I love my dad so much, and am always grateful to be in his presence.  He makes me laugh-- crocs and knee shorts....who knew?   He is interested in my life and my children’s lives.  He adores my mother.  He just radiates the love of God and is truly a fine human being.  I feel so blessed to be his daughter. 

No comments: