Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thankful for Testimony

I am thankful for Fast and Testimony Sunday.
I was quite teary today....fasting for some special people in my life.  Every speaker and lesson really touched my heart.  I have had to repair my make up job twice now.  Some Sundays are like this.

I am thinking a lot about my missionary, my fabulous brother and his family, my sweet Addison and Bre,  my blessings and my trials. All are close to my heart today.

I was grateful to be able to get the courage to bear my testimony today.  I didn't say much...can't really remember what I said actually.  I have a hard enough time just keeping it together, so I don't just stand up and cry for 10 minutes.  I am not a pretty crier, so it's good to keep it together.
But.....
I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I feel my Savior's love. I want to be more like him.  I want to be more loving, more forgiving, more gentle, more charitable, more.....
I know Joseph Smith was a prophet who spoke to God the father and Jesus Christ, and helped to restore the gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is true. It is scripture written by ancient prophets for our day.
I know families are forever.  I know the sealing power of the temple is real.  This knowledge strengthens me and gives me perspective with my own children.
I am so grateful for the power of Christ's atonement.  I know he loves me and suffered for me and I feel his love daily.
Life is sweet.
This is what I know.

I am thankful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony, Melinda. You are the best! Love, Paula

Rachelle said...

you inspire me so much! i remember being in YW and you taught me a lot about gratitude. I truly mean that. a year ago the week of thanksgiving, I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting about gratitude. I thought back to the time you challenged us to keep a gratitude journal, to write down 3 different things everyday. I admit, I didn't keep up on it for a whole year, but I did for a few months, and it brought so much more gratitude into my life, which obviously brought so much more happiness and peace. one reason i was thankful for that experience, was so i could share it with my ward, and suggest they try the same. The cool thing is, I still have it! thank you for your example of gratitude.