Sunday, December 20, 2009

4 days til Christmas

We are still struggling in "Magic Carpet" land.
Laila told us Friday night as we were driving home from Monson's basketball games, that she just really, really, really, really, really, really, really wants a magic carpet, or just nothing.
So I guess she made it easy.....for us...... she's getting just nothing.

I did find a Christmas list she made in school in her piles of papers she brought home for
Christmas break.

rock polisher
new bike
new scooter

money
ipod touch
real limo

chauffer
an elf

I asked her why the magic carpet wasn't on the list, and she said she didn't want the other kids taking her idea.

So......wish me luck.

-------------------------------------

The Welch Men sang in our Christmas sacrament program today. That's how they were billed on the program. ( Addison, Landon, Truman and Monson--our wonderfully fun friend, Erin accompanied.)
They did a great job singing "Baby, what you goin to be?" I know I'm just the proud mama, but it was really lovely.
Before the meeting began, I was passing out music and getting things situated, when I looked up and there was Margaret Chapman. Margaret Chapman is a sweet, red-haired, 94 year old lady in our ward. She is always so gracious and fun to talk to. I wished her a Merry Christmas and as I did, she transformed into my Grandma Butters for a brief second. Tears sprang to my eyes, and I knew Grandma was at the meeting today. She always loved hearing my boys sing. She loved music--choir music especially, and she would have been to the meeting in person, if she could, and now she was there in spirit.
I couldn't stop the tears. The meeting hadn't even started and I was already on my second tissue.
I was so happy to be singing Christmas songs in my ward choir.
I knew the angels were listening.

----------------------------------------

I love Christmas music!!

I really enjoy listening to it in my car as I drive around running errands, and working on making my to-do Christmas list smaller.
I drive and sing at the top of my lungs.
I'm sure I'm quite the sight.
I have sung duets this year with Josh Groban, Celine Dion, Nat King Cole, Harry Connick Jr, Mariah Carey, Johnny Mathis.....oh the list goes on and on.
I am ready with some awesome harmonies if any of them call me up and need me to sing with them.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I can't believe I missed your boys singing! I bet it was awesome. Oh how I missed our ward Christmas Sunday.

Erin Blake said...

Ditto on the Christmas Music! LOVE IT!! I get to play for the Schwartz family singers this coming Sunday. Another good one. Your boys were so good, but even if they were really bad, I would still get to practice at your mom's house and feel all family like.