Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 in Review

Being the Famous person that I am, I'm being interviewed about this past year and ....well.....these are my answers.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Drive to Yellowstone 5 times in one summer. I did it to help and to see my Addison. I would do it 50 times, if he needed me to.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My New Years resolutions last year were opposite ones..eat too much, don't get enough sleep, watch more tv..so I kept them all, even though I wished I hadn't.
I'm going to do better this coming year.
I'm going to have a one word theme for the year. This year it is HARMONY.
A throw back to our family motto, but one we haven't talked about or worked on in a while. I'm excited!


3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Friend Erin.


4. Did anyone close to you die? Grandma Butters


5. What countries did you visit? Mexico, Dominican Republic


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A new, beautiful Kitchen/family room.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Nov. 13th the day we left on our family cruise and celebrated Gma Butters birthday posthumously.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting back on stage in "Thouroughly Modern Millie" after being off the stage for 5 years!

9. What was your biggest failure? Not teaching my kids to be more self sufficient

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No

11. What was the best thing you bought? Family Cruise Tickets!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Laila and her insistance that we do a Carnival to raise money for Primary children's hospital...."it saved my life."

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Truman and the terrorist boys on the Choir trip.....ay, ay , ay!

14. Where did most of your money go? Cars-- crashing, insurance, fixing up, keeping running, and new ones

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Truman's mission call to ENGLAND!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? "Apple bottom Jeans" that the brothers rapped to on the cruise.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier. Last year we were still recuperating from the China accident and Laila's head injury.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner!!!!
c) richer or poorer? about the same...

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spend time playing games and hanging out with family and friends. Parties and get togethers.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Work/be on the computer

20. How did you spend Christmas? With a sleep over at my Mom and Dad's house. Sis Liz was there too. It was great. It felt like the boys were little all over again. Mom spoiled us with her great cooking and comfy home. We even had our dog there, much to my father's dismay.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? yes, with Wayne, all over again, when he dropped to the ground and was break dancing in an effort to win "best Dad Dancer," and he did!

22. What was your favorite TV program? GLEE and Modern Family

23. Do you hate (dislike) anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Tiger Woods, Max Hall

24. What was the best book you read? Nothing really rocked my world but I did enjoy Undaunted by Gerald Lund

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? The brothers could sing 4 part harmony and hold their parts.

26. What did you want and get? Trip to New York

27. What did you want and not get? my remodel to be over with.....new end date is Jan. 6th.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? "The Blind Side." EXCELLENT flick. Really really good.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I spent it at Bear Lake with family on the Beach. I love this type of lazy b day. Sleeping in, no make up, lots of food and clean up that I don't have to do. Raspberry shakes. I turned 47

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have children with steady incomes.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Energy dressing/trendy -NO BLACK. I do wear the same green exercise outfit every single morning.

32. What kept you sane? Exercising with Si

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Currently I'm really intrigued with the siamese twins Reba (aka George) and Lori. Google them...you will be interested as well.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Health care.....aargh!

35. Who did you miss? Tom....Wayne's dad. I thought about him a lot.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Not a new person, but seen in a new light. My sister Liz. She has been invaluable in the care and helping out of Landon. She and Al have really stepped up in a difficult situation. LOVE and HUGS

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

Keep Calm and Carry On

38. What are you looking forward to in 2010? Being a better cook and wanting to cook for my family more. Parties in my new space. Truman going on a mission. Traveling with Wayne to places not yet planned. Working on my spirituality.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Accentuate the positive. Eliminate the Negative. Latch on to the affirmative, and don't mess with Mr. Inbetween.

3 comments:

MCC said...

Love this. I am stealing it and doing it for me as well.

Lesley said...

Great interview :-)

Brooke Shoko said...

i love this as well
happy new year!