Thursday, October 15, 2009


I haven't done Thankful Thursday for awhile...so it's time once again to stop and count my blessings.
1. I'm thankful that my kitchen remodel is really underway.  I've been planning and talking about this for 8 years......  We went last Saturday and picked out granite for our island.....and we have made flooring decisions and cabinetry.  Now the wall tear out starts the first of November.
I can't believe by Christmas time our house/kitchen will feel like new.

2. I'm thankful the dismal rainy day  that was predicted for yesterday didn't happen.  We could have our school zoo day, and I could be outside with all the gorgeous leaves.   Lovely fall weather. I love sweater weather....almost as  much as I love swimsuit weather.   (I love summer, as long as I'm at a beach or pool, and not getting into a black interior car in Phoenix, Az., in July)

3.  I'm thankful for theatre.  Really.  Really?  I just love it.  If I could see a live show atleast once a week, then I would be Happy!  I've seen West Side Story and Evita this week.


4.  I'm thankful for my Wayne.  He is looking great..and feeling pretty good.....and he is just the perfect match for me.  He's the fudge on my ice cream .....the whipcream on my hot cocoa..... the frosting on my cake....now I'm making myself hungry....so I need to stop.  You get it.... I LOVE HIM!

5.  I'm thankful for Laila's  testimony last Sunday.  It was priceless.  She wandered to the stand, all on her own.  Wayne actually whispered in my ear, "Uh-oh.  I wonder what she is going to say?"
She proceeded to say how thankful she was to be adopted and told her version of our adoption story.  How we were praying for a baby girl, because we had 4 boys.  How in the middle of our prayer we got a phone call from New Jersey asking if we wanted a baby.  We dropped the phone and ran to the airport, got on a plane and flew to see the baby.  She said how she took one look at me and knew I "would be the perferct mom for her."  She testified of the power of prayer.  She said, "So prayer works, if you need something, or are sad or want a daughter."  (At this point the audience chuckled and Laila got embarrassed. ) Laila quickly said Amen and ran off the stand and buried her head in Truman's lap.  It was the sweetest mom moment for me. 


6.  I'm thankful Truman almost has his mission papers in.  By the end of October we will know where Tru will be spending the next  two years!


7.  I'm thankful for modern day medicine and helpful doctors.


8.  I'm thankful.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Laila's testimony was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I wish people hadn't laughed so she could have finished. Jacob tells me everyday that she was born in Puerto Rico and that is where you jumped on a plane and flew to get her, I have stopped trying to correct him because he loves it.

I am so excited for Tru that I can hardly stand it!!!!

Lesley said...

I love reading your "Thankful Thursday" you always express yourself so well. That is exciting that you are getting a new kitchen, you will love it. I loved reading about Laila's testimony. I believe what she said about prayer is true. I prayed for a daughter. It was fun seeing you at WSS, even if just for a minute. The show is great!!