Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1.  I'm thankful to be in New York City with my Wayne.  I just love this place.  The crazy  people.  The many languages that reach my ears.  The sound of construction floating into our hotel window.  The fabulous nightly shows.  The incredible food. Walking and walking.  I love it all.    I love getting away with my sweetheart the most!

2.  I'm thankful I'm not pregnant at my age.  Can you imagine?  My period came over a week late this month.  This is very unusual for regular 27 day me..... I had a fleeting thought of, "I'm pregnant?"  Then I remembered....."I'm old."   I chalk it up to being on the cusp of menopause.  Oooo...that sounds nasty........Yeah me.

3.  I'm thankful for cheese cake, in particular Cheesecake from Carnegie Deli in....you guessed it....NYC.  I'm thankful for chipotle laced brownies from the Chocolate bar and for Blueberry scones from Amy's Bread and Banana and Caramel Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery.  If you ever wonder what we spend our time doing during the day in NYC, it's eating!

4.  I'm thankful for relatives who helped my Landon get a bike to ride to school.  He probably won't pedal  it much, but he tried and now he has an option  It's hard to get to school when it's far away, without a car. But he's figuring it out.

5. I'm thankful Addison got the role he wanted at Weber State.  He is still in Yellowstone, but he came down for auditions. He is going to play Icabod Crane in the New Musical of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  Can''t wait to see him.  I'm also Thankful his Yellowstone/Playmill stint is over and he's back in School, even though this year, it means he's living in Ogden.

6.  I'm thankful College Football has begun.  We got season tickets to Utes games this year...Go Utes..!  (Sorry Dad)

7.  I'm thankful for  tap water and flushing toilets.....Note to self:If you don't pay the water bill...it gets shut off.   Interesting.

8.  I'm thankful

2 comments:

Erin Blake said...

have fun in NY. Breathe in some NYC air for me.

Shanna said...

So many awesome things to be grateful for! I'm also thankful for football season!! Go Utes too!!