Wednesday, May 6, 2009

People ask…


How are you? How are things going? How's Wayne?

I answer


We are all good. Things are fine.


Then I go into my kitchen and eat , eat , EAT!

I'm a stress eater….remember….? I've had a bit of stress lately.


I have now eaten myself into a state of pain....


I started my day full of hope and ready to eat healthy with my Wayne.


Yogurt at 8:00--- I like yogurt...
A brisk hour walk with Si.....and all was well.


I even mentioned to her how my head works....
How I make fake deals with myself in trying to eat better....
I say, okay your kids will be taken away if you eat sugar today.....
or Your husband will leave you if you eat flour today....
Basically for weeks and months now, I've had no husband and no children...
I'm failing miserably!!!


I did good til 10:15…that's a.m..

Then food just kept flying into my mouth…including a bucket of popcorn at Heidi's Movie Birthday extravaganza, Si's choco chocolate cookies, Mel's peanut butter bars, and a huge container of Costco's chocolate covered Almonds….Great Harvest Cinnamon Bread….with Peach jam…., handful of Doritos that Truman was munching on, soup from JoAnne…more choco covered almonds…you get the idea….not a fruit and barely a vegetable in the bunch.

I'm sick and I'm sick about my self…

I can't seem to get it….

Tomorrow's another day….of making deals, and trying to eat good past 10:15.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY. Don't beat yourself up. You only ate a little bit of that popcorn today. You restrained yourself and didn't even take the extra home that was left in the bucket. And you didn't refill the bucket. So there. Progress! love you.

Erin Blake said...

um, now that I'm an expert, you don't even want to know how many carbs are in what you just listed.

Melanie said...

Hey, I don't feel bad that I WASN'T invited to the birthday movie celebration!!!! Because then I would have eaten popcorn and not done as well as I did! Today is a new day and tomorrow as well, you will do better once the stress has calmed down.