Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday


1. I'm thankful for my Sister Angela. She is the baby in our family. She celebrated a birthday yesterday. Angela is a great mother, teacher and friend. Angela is such a hard worker. She gets up early, every morning, to make it to her high school teaching job. She is a drama teacher, which is fun and exhausting all at the same time. I know. I used to be one. She is very good at this. She is creative and has a lot of patience. Angela is also a great mother to her son, Preston- and her 3 step sons. This is a challenge all by itself, but one she embraces. Angela is a great friend to me. She is always there when I need her, and she is positive and fun to be with. I'm glad she's my sister.

2. I'm thankful for grass in my front yard instead of snow.

3. I'm thankful for Louise Epperson. She is an older lady in my neighborhood that passed away this week. She was always loving, funny, artistic, and so sweet to me. I will miss her, but I know she has just moved to another place. I'll see her soon. Louise would always pipe up in church with the most random comments. I loved it. She made me laugh, and many times, gave me new perspective on things. Yeah for Louise. "On your knees or on your feet, but never, never on you seat." That's her advice on how to pray.

4. I'm thankful for flowers on my kitchen counter.

5. I'm thankful I get to do my show tonight.

6. I'm thankful.

2 comments:

D2Quilter said...

Just wanted you to know that I went sewing with some friends last night and one of them was commenting on the show. She saw it on Tuesday. She said it was AWESOME! Just wanted you to know. Of course, I had to tell her that MY cousin was Muzzy! Chris wants to sew in March. I hope you can/want to come too!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Lots to be thankful for indeed!

LOVE the new blog look!