Friday, February 6, 2009

Failed ordering

I've been out of town for the past four days.
I like getting away from my regular routine and I like not cooking.
Oh, wait...strike that previous comment, I don't cook anyway....let's just say...I like getting away.

I'm really bad at ordering at restaurants lately.
I can't get it right.
As I peruse the menu everything sounds so yummy...then when the waiter finally shows up, I go from ordering a BLT croissant to a tasteless weight watchers something, or an uninspiring salad for the umpteenth time.

The problem is, I'm not satisfied. I sit in my pity- food- party while people all around me are moaning over their food choices. "Yummy!" "This is so good!"
When I get home I just need that something.....sweet? salty? savory? Something.
I get out the Captain Crunch and continue my love affair with him, or feed my face fistfuls of chocolate chips, trying to get that satisfied feeling.

Finally after three days of failed restaurant experiences, I had had enough. At 8:00 at night I flew into an In and Out Burger and ordered a hamburger, fries and chocolate shake. YUMMY!
I said, "I love you" to my food before I ate it, so it would know how much I truly appreciated it, and maybe then it would slide right through me, and not hang around for too long.

I was satisfied. I enjoyed every mouthful.

I need to get better at ordering what I want, then not feel like I have to eat the entire serving. If I can slow down, love what I'm eating, and feel satisfied, then maybe my splurging when I get home will cease.

It's a thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From now on, I'm ordering for you.