Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Cookies

Christmas cookies are so, well...... Christmasy!
We just got a big tray delivered from one of Monson's girlfriends, and we have been smiling ever since.
Getting little remembrances of love and friendship at Christmas is always nice.
I love little neighbor gifts. Treats, notes, stories, calendars, candy, hot cocoa....it's all good.
Some years I'm better at this neighbor gift tradition than others.
This year Wayne brought home a bunch of steak knives, so some neighbors are getting knives with a note..."We're not very SHARP, so let's CUT right to the POINT....Merry Christmas!"
I have given extension cords with-- "Extending you the warmest wishes, Merry Christmas".
I have given tissue boxes with -- "We 'tissue' a Merry Christmas."
I've given a 2 litre of Sprite-- "May your days be merry and Sprite."
You can probably see the pattern.
I usually give an object that can be purchased....not FOOD that I've made.
The boys have pretty much banned me from cooking treats and giving them away. If I know I'm giving it away, the treat usually "fails".
I've resorted to cereal cooking-- Good Junk and Muddy Buddies.....all out of Chex Mix.
Yeah for cereal recipes.
These are hard to mess up.
This year I branched out a bit, and for a few neighbors, gave Muddy Buddies, that we called Reindeer food.
It's great to have neighbors who like you whether you give them something or not....and who bring Christmas Cookies.

No comments: